Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TURN INTO A GRILLED CHEESE YOU BLOB!

*yawn* TURN INTO A GRILLED CHEESE YOU BLOB!

Do you have anything particular that you're good at but the one thing within that area that you suck hard core at?

For me, it's clearly cooking. While I can cook epic dinners, I can -not- make a grilled cheese. I now have like 5 blobby grilled cheese attempts sitting on a plate showing my true shame.

Before my husband left, I had asked him to make me a grilled cheese and then said that I couldn't make them and he was all "Wtf how is that possible" because I'm like.. the three course dinner lady. Spending hours in the kitchen making the perfect meal.

Needless to say, he's not here and I -really- wanted one. So I've nearly wasted a entire loaf of bread to make a semi-decent edible grilled cheese. I'm going to take a picture of it and mail it to him at boot camp with the caption "I TOLD YOU I COULDN'T MAKE A GRILLED CHEESE".

... So yeah. Can you normally do something really well but -something- in that thing you can't?
    Maybe you can draw epic people but can't draw animals?
    Maybe you can do a crazy awesome algebra problem but can't do basic math?

Please, do share your shames with me.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I was chatting with Bonnie and these lines came out of nowhere. They fit your topic. Are you a stalker?

[q](6:02:11 PM) PG: I can solve anybody's problems but my own[/q]

what do you mean you fail at grilled cheese? you preheat the griddle to 375 butter the bread put the butter side down ad cheese, second slice of bread wait five minutes, flip, five more minutes, eat

im a pretty good cook
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    what do you mean you fail at grilled cheese? you preheat the griddle to 375 butter the bread put the butter side down ad cheese, second slice of bread wait five minutes, flip, five more minutes, eat

im a pretty good cook

xD I did -ALL- of that. But I think it was because my breads to soft. Every time I'd go to flip it, it'd tell me no and then die.

Dude, I'm the person who cooks Christmas dinner and Thanksgiving dinner because my family wants me to cook for them.
    Grilled Cheese is just.. to simple for me to understand.

Don't use a spatula then. Flip the thing using only the pan. Any half-decent cook should be able to accomplish a simple flip. If the bread is too soft, obviously you are trying to flip it too early. If it gets burnt because you left it on a bit too long, turn your stove down a little bit.

I can't think of a single thing to contribute to this topic other than the above.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm great at singing opera and choral music. I learn very quickly.

But... I can't read music!

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I'm great at singing opera and choral music. I learn very quickly.

But... I can't read music!

My boyfriend is the same way. xD He plays drums and piano. He can play anything he's heard on the piano including classical piano music but he can't read a sheet of music for the life of him.

I can't really think of anything I do exceptionally well to begin with. 'Cept copying PG I don't think I can really answer this. I'm too much of a jack of all trades. Nothing note worthy. So I do decently at a lot of things. Including cooking grilled cheese sandwiches :]

Update!

I just made myself two grilled cheese sandwiches and they were deliciously brown on both sides with gooey cheese in the middle. I will send you some in the mail, Avarice!

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I crave grill cheese sandwiches now...

I can devour novels no problem but texts books usually give me indigestion.

lol don't feel bad my lil sis who is 16 didn't even know how to cook a Grilled Cheese lol she wanted 2 call my boyfriend late at nite to find out how to cook them <3

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    If I sit down and actually put my all into drawing something awesome, it will come out awesome (like people or woteva), but I can't draw HANDS for some reason. Does that count?

also i wouldn't eat anything bunny makes.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I make mine with shredded cheese instead of singles, it doesn't gob up as much.

I can make abstract sigs, but I just can't make any sigs with renders

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness
    My boyfriend is the same way. xD He plays drums and piano. He can play anything he's heard on the piano including classical piano music but he can't read a sheet of music for the life of him.
    Likewise. I play the piano well, but cannot read sheet music.

It can be quite frustrating at times.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"