Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy III!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Relapse View Post
    anyway, i'm currently at jinn's cave. sorry i forgot to take a pic of my initial party but i'm only at level 6, so that should be fine i hope.

Yes, I am at this area, at Level 7. I will have my screenshot after school . . .
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I wish I had Final Fantasy III

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

(play the nes version with me)

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This is the Cave Of The Seal

placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I wish I had Final Fantasy III
    Psst... *whisper* try emulation [/whisper]

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I beat Garuda (I think that's his name) and now I'm in the windy continent in Doga's Manor. I'll post some pics later.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

goddammit i haven't posted pics in such a long while now. anyway,

killed salamandr and got the fire jobs (of which only knight was useful to me, lol).

on to tokkle.
    warning: i am NOT funny.

Well then I think it's time for another chapter of the story of our heroes Rantz, Sagsyg, f-o-a, and GoBo.

After leaving Canaan our heroes found themselves in the worst of places, a nest full of dragons!

Ok well maybe their not entirely fearsome dragons. However they do make the same noise as a chocobo, so it's very well possible their some kind of Chocobo/Bahamut love child hybrid.

Our heroes continue on and eventually make it to a Viking Base. One of the coolest places EVER!

Namely for this nifty cannon you can fire.

Of course it isn't all fun and games for our heroes.

I mean ew. I wouldn't go through the eye hole of a dragon even it meant saving the universe.

Eventually our heroes fight the most unmenacing boss of FF III. A big rat. Which is just a recolor of past enemies, I mean seriously, at least early bosses have enemies recolored after them but a recolor of a normal enemy is just embarrassing. He's not even that big honestly.

Well that's all for this installment. Next time the fun dwarf caves and fun with fire jobs.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Eventually our heroes fight the most unmenacing boss of FF III. A big rat. Which is just a recolor of past enemies, I mean seriously, at least early bosses have enemies recolored after them but a recolor of a normal enemy is just embarrassing. He's not even that big honestly.
    xD

and also...

haha, take that!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I have some tips here for people playing the NES version.

If you want an easy Garuda, train to lv 30 with 4 Masters. But don't botehr doing in in Salonia. No, you have to do this before you enter Salonia and loose your airship. Fly a bit to the west of Salonia and find the Ancient Ruins (where you'll later pick up the invincible). Enter, but stay near the entrance and run around a bit. The most common enemy you'll fight is a Pyralis. 4 masters can take it down in 1 turn but you've gotta be lucky he doesn't get you first. If he beats you, restart. If you beat him, congrats, very easy EXP early on! Sometimes you'll encounter a Zombie Dragon, or worse, 2. One you can handle at that lv with 4 Masters, but 2 is crazy. Train like this and you're lv 30 and ready for Garuda in no time.

I guess this was probably common knowledge, but I still felt like saying it. ^^ And 4 Masters is also obvious: that way you get the best HP boosts.

Oh yeah, for the Temple of Time, lv 40 there in the NES version is handy. You could go and train in the ancient ruins again, but actually, I advise the undersea cave in the south-east of the worldmap. Easy exp, great treasure and a village with an inn nearby. Lv 40 in no time.

And finally, the ultimate lv spot in NES ff III is arguably Bahamut's lair, but you'll need the Invincible of course. You can easily train to lv 60 here. And with that lv ypou're stong enough to beat the final dungeons even if you don't use Ninja and Sages (which I recommend, way more fun!)

Oh well, all things people knew already, but I still felt like saying it. I did tehse things on my latest trip through FF III nes and it worked wonders. First time I beat Garuda it took me 4 months, second time I played through FF III nes it took me 2 hours thanks to leveling in Ancient Ruins.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

this big expanse of water is really annoying to explore.

Elpizo, you don't gotta be that power leveled. Heck I'm only 33 and I'm already outside of the Final Dungeon. And I managed half the game with either a scholar or a thief in my party at one point.

And at Relapse, great Garuda finish, mine was similar only I didn't do the full Dragoon set up this time. I have one boss pic that will top everyone's though but that's for later (probably next update) all I will say is....god I love f-o-a in this game (and possibly outside too ).
    This space intentionally left blank.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I know. I just said that if people wanted a really easy time. But still, lv 33 in the final dungeon and no Ninjas or Sages = suicide. I barley made it at lv 60, granted, I only had one healer but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    And at Relapse, great Garuda finish, mine was similar only I didn't do the full Dragoon set up this time. I have one boss pic that will top everyone's though but that's for later (probably next update) all I will say is....god I love f-o-a in this game (and possibly outside too ).
    haha thanks but i'm currently at odin which is even harder than garuda and i'm only at level 26. and i don't wanna use dragoons since i left my dragon equips in the fat chocobo... so i'm currently finding a way to kill him before i die.

EDIT: WHOOPS. i just did. i used 4 elixirs though >.>

Last edited by Relapse; 06-11-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Does the Light/Fire Staffs rule, or is it just my warrior that sucks?

Also, I'm in the Tower of Owen and there's someone giggling in the walls.