Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy III!

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I guess we have a winner for this month already!
    I dunno weather to be happy that I'm a winner, or sad that I'm such a dork I beat this game so fast. XD

Also here's my "The End" pic so I got some evidence of my triumph, I'll hold off on my final boss image since I don't want to ruin anything for those that haven't got that far yet.

This space intentionally left blank.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still playing, rubah. I just haven't had the time to do my pics. I got the Invincible. It's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    I have a question, I have two Nunchakus for my Monk, but he hasn't been getting in as many hits as my Fighter, so will he get in more hits if he is unarmed?
    Mine is unarmed and doing good, but mine is at level 38. I'm not sure what level he was at when I took his weapons away though. Try taking away his nunchakus for a fight and see how he does.
    Last edited by Leeza; 06-15-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: dp
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    I have a question, I have two Nunchakus for my Monk, but he hasn't been getting in as many hits as my Fighter, so will he get in more hits if he is unarmed?
    Mine is unarmed and doing good, but mine is at level 38. I'm not sure what level he was at when I took his weapons away though. Try taking away his nunchakus for a fight and see how he does.

Just tried it and I did get more hits, but I did less damage than when I got the usual two hits with 3-Part Nunchaku and Tonfa. I may change his Class later on though, so I don't think I should worry about it anymore.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

starting the single character challenge on the DS... doin it on a ds emulator(for better picture quality). heres the opening screenshots... ill post another when i get the other characters and kill them off.

EDIT: got the other characters and killed them off... they are more than lvl 1 cause apparently thats how they start off on the DS version.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 06-16-2008 at 06:43 AM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Can I get a brief description of each job class from somewhere? Strengths, weaknesses, special abilities and such. The first few are fairly obvious but jobs like Scholar and Geomancer are less apparent.

Game faqs has an ok one, but it's highly biased. But it has some nifty charts.

The one on the main page isn't half bad though, but again slightly biased and not much detail. Just a small overview.

wow this single character thing is harder than i thought.... a back attack vs multiple enemies im pretty screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Can I get a brief description of each job class from somewhere? Strengths, weaknesses, special abilities and such. The first few are fairly obvious but jobs like Scholar and Geomancer are less apparent.
    this could be your best bet if you're playing the nes version, otherwise this would be.

but like b2kx said, its highly biased. haha.
    warning: i am NOT funny.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    As far as I've played:
    "You should wait to use jobs until you start getting equipment in the game that mean they're worth using".

The game HEAVILY influences this by making it impossible to buy any equipment for your jobs until a certain point of the game. This means you have to use the dumb classes you've had forever while you wait for the plot to advance.

Geomancers are pretty good with big groups using Terrain (just watch out for the failures!), Conjurors are also pretty good, if unpredictable. Vikings start off pretty strong, but they seem to get a little more useless as the game wears on, knights stay pretty relevant and also white mages. black mages not so much, monks can pretty much be discarded once you get the master/karateka, bards aren't too bad, but they're a lot more useful ifyou want to run away a lot. I like their battle animations hunters are pretty good at the beginning due to their white magic, but you hang them up after a while because their magic isn't sufficient and you stop getting bows. looking at the weapons list, I'd say they'd be worth bringing back once you find the yoichi bow, but I'm not actually looking at the weapons list, just imagining.

and that's about as far as I've played!

done playing my solo character challenge for the night

heres my status after throwing Desch in the furnace... er beating Medusa

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Thanks for the answers. I never realized how many jobs there were!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

So um, I ran into an interesting problem when waltzing up to fight Leviathan.

One battle and one imp's breath later, i got it resolved.

And handily enough, my conjurer, just got his first MP in level LEVIA!

It won't let you fight Odin, Leviathan, or Bahamut if your inventory is full (since you couldn't get their spell as you have no room).

Drop an item and you can fight him.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm way ahead of you 8)

Night 3 of my Single Character challenge:

*Off to fight Kraken w/ my lvl 30 Red Mage... screenshots to follow... btw I hate cockatrices in here petrify is my kryptonite on this challenge

* done for the night... it took like 5 tries but i made it thru to Kraken and beat him.... barely. Lvl 33 Red Mage/Job Level 60
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 06-18-2008 at 08:31 AM.