Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy II!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy II!

Well, hello fora-goers to another month of Eyes On Plays! The FF-2 team realizes that many of you may not be acquainted with us, so we decided to do this month's introduction post!.

We are posting this a little early just so that people have time to see it in the middle of various other hi-jinx going on. You still start playing on April 1st, but really it's close enough now that if you don't read this post thoroughly and start early, we won't dock you anything much .

My name is Maria, and the rest of my friends will introduce you to this month's challenges and plays!

I hope being your brother I'm more than just a . . . "friend".

Here are some tasks you may find "challenging" or merely "daunting" as the case may be~

Beat the game!

Full Bestiary (DoS only)

Maxxxx Stats[HP/MP] (please specify if you are going to take advantage of the select/cancel bug)

Maxed Weapons

Maxed Magic

Both of the above

No Magic

No items (barring key-items and spellbooks)

Single class party
    "Classes" in ff2:
    Paladin: Swords user with low level white magic (defined for this to be any white magic spell excluding ultima and holy and not levelled up past level 6)

White Mage: Back row white magic user. (Can equip any weapon, but can't be taken out of the back row, so you might as well not equip anything but a bow xD)

Black Mage: Back row black magic user. (Can equip any weapon, but can't be taken out of the back row, so you might as well not equip anything but a bow xD)

Red Mage: Low level black and white magic user, equips swords, bows, knives, and canes)

Monk: No weapons user (no shields either), low level white magic (no spells above level 5)

Berserker: dual axes at all times, no magic, can't equip items

Last character slot only (with three characters, this is Guy)

Quickest run through

Quirkiest run through

Best character names

Starting stats/basic equipment (whatever is found in the first town. You can go Knuckles for your weapon.)

Um, I don't know if he wanted to be introduced, but that was Lionheart just then. . I call him Lionhe for short. . My name is Guy! I really love animals, and if you have any questions at all about the animals in this game, I would do my best to answer them!

Oh sorry, I'm not supposed to talk about that I guess. . What I will talk about then is how long you have to play and how you're expected to behave while playing!

The Eyes On Forum Staff would like to remind all participants that April 30th is the last day to submit screenshots of your completed game. April 1st is the first day to submit screenshots for your starting lineup (This isn't a fool!). They like to make you guys play these on short months to make sure you get your hineys in gear and so they don't have to worry about these events for an extra day.

They would like to ask that you don't immediately just jump to cheating. We don't mind if you go after some of these goals by using certain well-known bugs in this game as long as you tell us before hand, but you can't expect to be as well rewarded. Just be honest! Also if you use an emulator and run it at turbo speed, don't take advantage of that to try and be the first to the finish.

Also, remember that our fora are a great place to get information about games! Ask here before you go to gamefaqs, or even look at the frontsite! (Or DJZen's site )

Now Frioniel has something he wants to say as well, and you probably should listen. (Him I call Frioni)

Alright fellows, here's what you need to remember if you remember nothing else:

1. When you begin the game, please post a digital camera picture or a screenshot in this thread of your game that has your party clearly visible on the screen. You MUST do this to be eligible for participation in the Challenges.

2. You must also post a picture from the END of the game in this thread with your same party being displayed.

3. You CAN play the game on an emulator, and you CAN give us a screenshot of that. Just recall that Eyes on Final Fantasy does not condone the discussion of ROMs on its message boards.

4. There is no fourth rule.

5. Different challenges will be higher rated on different platforms because of inherent difficulty, a detailed chart will be posted later.
    I swear I don't have a crush on Maria. . .

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Joy be unconfined, I have an excuse to play my favourite Final Fantasy!

YES!!, I'm very excited to play this game. However, I'm left with a few questions.

1. Will the challenges be divided under Gold/Silver stars like in EoP-FF1?
    2. Does maxed weapons and magic also mean max in every weapon and spell type?
    3. How can you get all stats maxed when all play styles reduce at least one stat?

I clearly haven't played FF2 so some questions may sound dumb. BTW, I want to go for an emulated NES run with a translation patch (Neo Demiforce v1.1 to be exact). Is that allowed?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Max stats refers to HP and MP, sorry!

Yes there will be silver/gold distinctions but they need to be decided first.
    we'll also work out what max weapons/magic means. Probably it'll be like 1/4 of both to level 16 or something not ridiculous.

You can use a rom if you want; most people did/probably will

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Finally, I bought Origins to play FF1, now FF2 has been sitting there for a while, can't wait to start playing it

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Damn, nice introduction, rubah weapon.

I may not have time to finish the game, but I'll at least start playing it.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never played FF2 before so I will definitely be playing this now. I hope I'll be able to finish it in time.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Been itching to try this NES again. Though not looking forward to the final dungeon again in the NES version.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

With a little magic I can find time to play all the way through this.

I started Final Fanatasy I in February, and I haven't even finished that one yet.. so, I don't think I'll take part in it this time around, although I actually kinda want to just because it is such a great idea.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Are those going to be the only challenges? What about finishing the game or getting to high levels?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've yet to actually play through much of FFII, so while you guys try your challenges I'll try to beat it for the first time!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hartman View Post
    Are those going to be the only challenges? What about finishing the game or getting to high levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhe
    Beat the game!

Full Bestiary (DoS only)

Maxxxx Stats[HP/MP] (please specify if you are going to take advantage of the select/cancel bug)

Maxed Weapons

Maxed Magic
    That's all the levels this game has

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I despised this game the first and only time I played it. Maybe this will be a good reason for me to let go of my hate and start again.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'll try to find the time, Maria. I'll try.