Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FFIV DS: Is it worth it?

Blog Entries

Default tiss tiss

I see your point but I didn't mean an uproar to break out. I was just saying I can play FF 1 - 12 on my PS2 except for 3. So I'm just kind of disapointed that its breaking off to other companies. I'm just one of those people who don't wanna buy a system just to play one game and FF is really all I play.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

You should broaden your horizons then. 8-)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    I see your point but I didn't mean an uproar to break out. I was just saying I can play FF 1 - 12 on my PS2 except for 3. So I'm just kind of disapointed that its breaking off to other companies. I'm just one of those people who don't wanna buy a system just to play one game and FF is really all I play.
    Well now you got FFIII and FFIV for the DS to sway you. I haven't played the DS version of IV yet, but III was well worth the DS imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Well now you got FFIII and FFIV for the DS to sway you. I haven't played the DS version of IV yet, but III was well worth the DS imho.
    Dont forget FF XII:Revenant Wings

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Dont forget FF XII:Revenant Wings
    OK OK I'm getting money now to get a PSP to play the FF's released on that. I guess maybe one day I'll turn to the DS. Prob not. but maybe.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

ive been playing it and lovin every sec of it...the best version of ffiv imo

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

The Auto-Battle system allows one to free a hand for whatever tasks may be required in certain scenarios. Such as eating soup, painting, or masturbating.

This is reason enough to purchase, yes?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    The Auto-Battle system allows one to free a hand for whatever tasks may be required in certain scenarios. Such as eating soup, painting, or masturbating.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    Well Rydia and Rosa are both pretty hot...

I ended up buying the game, and I'll be honest... it may be the first time I fully enjoy a play through of FFIV. It added a lot more customization, which was really my biggest gripe with the game. In the midst of FF1-3 picking classes, FFV picking classes, and FFVI picking characters that were different classes... this one had you stuck as a certain thing, permanently. But now that's pretty much gone as you can customize A LOT.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

But to be quite honest. i liked the idea of using certain charachters at certain times. It gave you incentive to use the charachters in every way possible. I dont think i would of ever touched Cecil's white magic if it wasnt for the Dark Elf cave where he is pretty much useless besides a support healer.

Personally, i was hooked on the voice cutscenes. Adds more badassery and awesomesauce to the whole deal. There is also a diffrent vibe to the game that i enjoy, and i think all reemakes try to achieve. Its the same...but with fresh perspective i think.

Other than that, i have been playin the game old school, Ill prolly get to augments on a second run.
    Fully recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Personally, i was hooked on the voice cutscenes. Adds more badassery and awesomesauce to the whole deal. There is also a diffrent vibe to the game that i enjoy, and i think all reemakes try to achieve. Its the same...but with fresh perspective i think.
    Fully recommend it.
    I don't own the game but I've watched most of the voiced cutscenes on YouTube and I personally don't like the voice acting. It's not terrible but they really could have done better (I think the only ones I liked were Cecil and Kain). If I ever decide to buy the game, the VA will be turned off (hopefully it can be O.O)