Thread: Mafia IX Ace Edition, Sign up and Discussion Thread

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh my god, town. I can't believe you guys lost the way you did. xD

Good job Mafia!

God town sucked so bad this game. Didn't help that DD effectively wasted 3 days of lynching. Without DD though town probably still would have lost.

Also why the big change to hider? Beyond the fact that it made Dick suspicious because it seemed like he didn't know his role, it kind of defeats the purpose of it as a protective role, and really only protects the hider themselves rather then making the night kills ineffective if their targeted.

Beyond that though I don't think the set up was too bad. The Mafia Serial Killer was an interesting role too. And the little gay horny faith healer made things....erm....interesting.
    This space intentionally left blank.

The real reason behind the change to the Hider was that I didn't actually understand the role myself. >_> I didn't bother to check the flash or anything.

But it does still work as a protective role. If they're targeted at night, they don't die, but they do kill someone else. This can actually help kill a Mafia member at night if Gobo was targeted while hiding behind one.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Roto wanted to have like 6 mafia and give them more roles. I was like errrr no.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    You can thank Kaycee for the eveness of the setup. I was all like "OMG THE MAFIA IS GOING TO BE UNDERPOWERED ADD MORE" and she was like "Nah, this is fine" and I was like "Ok, if you say so...." and she was right.
    I thought the mafia was underpowered. The only reason we won is because the town started off terrible and finished that way.

Hider
    Faith Healer
    Jack of All Trades
    Cop (x2!) (Admittedly, one was insane.)
    Doctor (x2!)

Vanilla Town (x11)
    Actor

vs.

Mafia
    Godfather
    Prostitute
    Goon
    Goon

vs.

Serial Killer

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I think odds were heavily against the town even if you don't factor in a mafia SK. Add that on top and it was really tough. 9 times out of 10 the town should have won easily.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

WELL. She was a mafia sk. So for one she knows WHO the mafia were. Two she could kill on her own. Three she can influence the mafia kill.

So Basically for a long time the mafia got 2 kills. She didn't even attack you guys till the last day. Even though she was her own independent faction she was still kinda part of the mafia. So when it would have taken you 20 days or whatever it took ya like ten. Those kills she made, weren't just random kills she would infer things from what you guys would say.

It was a power role you didn't even know you had. It wouldn't have effected you till near endgame anyway.

Actor helped ya so they'd get suspicion and jack of all trades could have sped things up for ya if they had killed.

SOOOO because the mafia has 2 kills and a godfather AND a roleblocker. That's basically 4 roles right there plus the two normal mafia so technically you had 6 or 7 roles. That leaves the town out to dry. The only way to combat that is to beef up the town with some power roles. Even though you didn't know you had a lot of roles ya did. The fact that you WERE mafia was a huge bonus to you.

You're not like a vanilla townie, you have team mates. That makes you uber powerful as is. So the fact that there were powerful town roles doesn't make it "overpowered" as you're insinuating. (even though you didn't say it, you did hint at it)

If you look at it logically... oh that's funny making that comment in an eoff mafia thread xD, it's pretty balanced. You just didn't know it all when you got your role

You have to remember a normal goon is still a power role.

Haha the town lost
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hey, B2KX?

Looks like the colour thing was important. :goofy:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Hey, B2KX?

It totally was. xP The reason the colour was wrong really was because he hadn't seen any special job PMs in this game besides Mafia Godfather, and that's usually red anyway. If you guys had taken it more seriously, you could have lynched the godfather.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

IT IS NEVER THE WOMAN'S FAULT, PSY! NEVER BLAME ME AGAIN, OR I'M NOT MAKING YOU NO MORE SAMMICHES!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

This is all JKTrix's fault!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also, I kind of figured the color was at least a little important.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Hey, B2KX?

I'm far too lazy to look back and quote it, but as I recall Judge (Lekana? maybe) stated on Day 3 after everyone ripped into Godot for his green doctor claim, that all roles were given in green or red. Really after that anything with color is just dumb as it got resolved early on that only 2 role colors were in use.

Besides a person could post a wrong color for any number of reasons. Dick posted in dark green because him and like half the people don't know that Lime is the townie green color we use. Heck I don't know the light purple color we use for role blocker my self. Someone could just decide they don't like the role color and post it differently. Any number of reasons all of which I think are far too weak to decide to lynch someone for or hold against them.

Though I think from now on I'll start posting in whatever damn color I feel like when I'm a power role/townie and let the suspicion build till I get lynched and laugh at how bad a deduction that is.

Besides I was starting to believe Will was godfather towards the end, I just figured the mafia would either be too dumb to try an elaborate plan, or too smart and realize elaborate plans hardly work out right.

I don't remember saying that....

Bah you made me go look through again and it was only Godot who said he got his role in green (though before then all roles were revealed in green, though I could have sworn somewhere Judge did state they only did all colors in red/green).