Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting the 360

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, you'll need the wireless adapter, if you have a wireless router for internet connection. Personally, I'd go with the Pro, which is what I have. It works great. You really don't want to shell a huge amount of money that could go towards that $100 adapter.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

wow, theres alot of glitches that make the game unplayable really....

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really View Post
    wow, theres alot of glitches that make the game unplayable really....
    What game? O.o

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Definitely go with the elite. The 120 GB hard drive alone is $200, more than the price difference. It also comes with an HDMI cord, MSRP about $50. The Pro comes with an HDMI port, but not a cord. HDMI allows resolutions up to 1080p, which is awesome.

And your first game should be Lost Odyssey. Best RPG I've played in ages.

That only matters if he has an HD TV.

i got a pro.
    if you want black, take the shell off and paint it. I find the pro has more than enough space. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Definitely go with the elite. The 120 GB hard drive alone is $200, more than the price difference. It also comes with an HDMI cord, MSRP about $50. The Pro comes with an HDMI port, but not a cord. HDMI allows resolutions up to 1080p, which is awesome.
    my pro came with HD cables, so did my girlfriend's step-dad, and a few of my friends. sooo...huh?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, if my friends at school are any sign, painting the 360 isn't a huge issue, if you really care about having it black all that much.

(well... as long as you don't mind voiding the warrantee, that is)

Aren't Live Arcade games capped at relatively low sizes? Like 100mb or something? I mean, even with DLC for games you're not necessarily going to fill that 20gb hard drive that fast. Not really enough to warrant the extra $100, especially if you lack an HDTV.

That was the thing that sold me. The hard drive is worth more than the price difference (currently, anyway). But really that is the ONLY difference. I figured I'd be downloading a lot though and I have been. I've filled about 30 gigs with demos and videos for prospective games since February. But if you don't intend on going crazy with that kind of stuff you can definitely survive with just 20

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No point getting the Elite. Just get the Premium one with the average hard-drive.

hmm i have an HD tv with 1080i, diffrence? O_o

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    i got a pro.
    if you want black, take the shell off and paint it. I find the pro has more than enough space. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    my pro came with HD cables, so did my girlfriend's step-dad, and a few of my friends. sooo...huh?
    It comes with component cables. Not HDMI. HDMI is better. Not that an Elite is worth it for the cable alone; you can pick one of those up individually on the cheap.

Microsoft's inflated prices for their harddrives are ridiculous, but that 120 GB drive is really a far better option than the 20 GB. For starters, you only have access to around 13 gigs of the 20 GB drive; the rest is reserved for system resources or some other skullskullskullskullskullskullskullskull. If you ever plan on downloading anything hefty such as Oblivion's Shivering Isles, Halo or Call of Duty map packs, or some television shows, you'll fill it up fast. As long as you don't mind deleting demos or videos after you've played/watched them you'll likely not run out of space, but the 20 GB is not large enough to really serve as a permanent storage space.

this is pretty much my tv 52" Panasonic HD TV 1080i

idk if it has an hdmi port, but it has an s video port in the front

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    It comes with component cables. Not HDMI. HDMI is better. Not that an Elite is worth it for the cable alone; you can pick one of those up individually on the cheap.
    orly? thanks for the info! didn't know that, how much do the cables cost at best buy?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Microsoft - HDMI HD A/V Cable for Xbox 360 - 9Z3-00001

Really, if you want HDMI and are apprehensive about the drive space, you should just go for the elite. The 'Pro' is $350, Elite is $450. That HDMI set for the 360 is $50 (others on the BestBuy site are actually more expensive), which makes that 'Pro' 360 cost $400 altogether.

Elite vote for me.