Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a PS3

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

If you can find it, you should just get the MGS4 bundle that comes out in 2 days. Yeah it's more expensive than just getting the 40, but it comes with MGS4 and a DualShock 3. Even if you bought the $400 40GB system, by time you've purchased MGS4 and a DualShock 3 (which does not come with the 40), you've already spent $515. The MGS4 80GB kit is $500 on its own.

No game recommendations from me, though I'm probably most looking forward to LBP and Valkyria Chronicles.

Blog Entries

What's good about the Dualshock 3? o_o

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

It does everything the SIXAXIS does and adds rumble. The SIXAXIS does not have rumble. That's the fact part.

As for my personal opinion, it just feels better too. The SIXAXIS was way light and always felt cheap. You can actually see through it if you hold it up to the light. The DS3 with the rumble motors in it is naturally heavier, but the plastic itself is made of sturdier stuff. You can't see through it.

Sony has actually discontinued the SIXAXIS (meaning they don't make it anymore, so once current supplies are gone they will not be replaced) so the DualShock 3 is the official Playstation 3 controller. I really don't understand why they haven't stuck it in their 40GB kits yet.

Blog Entries

Darn. I liked the light controller. >_> Oh well.