Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Argh, stop watching me!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Argh, stop watching me!

Are you the type of person who seems to do worse playing games when other people are watching over your shoulder? I have learned today that I cannot play shmups effectively at all when people are standing right behind me watching.

Discuss.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Whenever my brother watches me play Halo I go on a killing spree! With that said thats only happened twice xD

I cannot stand when people are behind me at any point. I can handle it if they are sitting right beside me watching or infront of me watching. But behind me is just out of the question.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Only with Solitaire S:

I don't mind when, say, my family watches me play video games, because whenever they pop in, it just happens to be during a loading screen, so they think I am crazy and just staring at a blank screen. Maybe if they watched more, they'd see that I am actually playing a super neat game.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My room mate this past year would watch me anytime I played video games and it annoyed me to no end. But I think it's just because I didn't really like the guy to start off. Most of the time I don't care if anyone watches me.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I don't like to be watched either. But if they insist on watching me I try to be entertaining and do stuipid stuff. After watching me play KoF 2006, my friend wanted to know how he kept beating me. When I told him I don't use those cheap moves playing against people cause it isn't fair he gave a strange look.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

I like playing video games with friends watching, and I like watching friends playing video games.

I hate it when people I don't know watch me play though.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Doesn't bother me in itself. It bothers me if someone's standing over me watching, because they're standing over me, not because they're watching.

People watching me play games annoys me to no end, but what drives me absolutely insane is when people try to tell me how to play my games.

"You need to get the..."
    "SHUT THE HELL UP! LET ME PLAY MY GAMES!!!!"
    "But you need the..."
    "I'LL PLAY THE GAMES THAT I BOUGHT THE WAY I WANT TO PLAY THEM. WHEN YOUR PLAYING YOU CAN PLAY HOWEVER YOU WANT. LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!"

Then feelings get hurt and relationships are destroyed. But what's even worse is that people are telling me how to play my game!

I usually don't mind people watching me. Unless I'm doing really badly or doing something insanely hard (like how I spent weeks trying to defeat boss battles on Intense Mode with Marth).

I seem to do better when people watch me play, I was stuck on a boss on several occasions and couldn't beat them, then people watched me play and BAM bosses defeated.

Personally i dont mind, it means usually that you are doing good or the match(since i usually play Fighting Games in arcades) is interesting to watch. Though i admit if its someone i know i tend to mess up since they can cap on me later XD. Gotta learn to focus a lil better.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    People watching me play games annoys me to no end, but what drives me absolutely insane is when people try to tell me how to play my games.

"You need to get the..."
    "But you need the..."
    "I'LL PLAY THE GAMES THAT I BOUGHT THE WAY I WANT TO PLAY THEM. WHEN YOUR PLAYING YOU CAN PLAY HOWEVER YOU WANT. LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!"

Then feelings get hurt and relationships are destroyed. But what's even worse is that people are telling me how to play my game!
    Yeah. That. Pretty much exactly. I get really testy when people try giving me any sort of advice when I'm playing. "Germ, what are you doing? Cast blah blah!" "STFU!! *does exactly the opposite of what they said*"

Quote Originally Posted by Germ Hamee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post

"You need to get the..."
    "But you need the..."

Yeah. That. Pretty much exactly. I get really testy when people try giving me any sort of advice when I'm playing. "Germ, what are you doing? Cast blah blah!" "STFU!! *does exactly the opposite of what they said*"
    Unless its a 2+ player game

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Blog Entries

It doesnt annoy me but I always seem to become worse at games when im watched.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!