Thread: Crysis or COD4?

Default Crysis or COD4?

I have both of these games now but I'm surprised at how much better COD4 plays on my PC. And it even looks as good as Crysis (not equaly but damn close). My PC is playing this game a 60fps wich made me wonder why crytek couldn't make their game as user friendly?

Despite Crysis's graphics Crytek did a pretty poor job optimising it for PC's. If it was programmed well then it should of been able to run on most PC's, only compensating for the graphics. It was practically unplayable on 99% of peoples machines.

Good thing PC gaming doesnt interest me.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Crytek has really become defensive about how poorly Crysis sold and how the requirements didn't affect sales, but I call BS on that. No one wants to pay money for a game that they know they won't be able to run for a few years, especially if it doesn't do anything special in terms of gameplay. It fell into the Doom 3 catagory of being a $50 tech demo.

Don't get me wrong. Crysis is an awsome game, but COD4 looked like it could mach side by side and the wierd thing is that COD4 is a DX9 game.

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Crysis felt like too big a luggage to me so I ditched it for COD4. I've played it for a couple of months now and it has served me and my friends well.

Happy Birthday to Me