Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Argh, stop watching me!

When either, I'm not confident about my playing skills or they're seriously doubting my ability I fail even worse than I usually do.

I'm not good at video games to begin with, but I still enjoy playing them, and if people start judging me, I stop playing.

Imma join the "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY" camp.

Though people watching doesn't bother me if the shut up at critical times.

Though it felt odd that once there were 5 people watching me play Harvest Moon: Magical Melody.

Really, its fun to play, but how can anybody actually sit down and watch that? And 5 people at that. Hell, one of them was in his late 30's.

I guess I get more conscious of what I'm doing in the game and such, which can sometimes be a bad thing. My little sister will sometimes come in and ask me if she can watch me play (for whatever reason), and it usually doesn't worsen my performance that much.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would love to hear the advice of someone more experienced and wisened in the ways of whatever game I am playing.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I'm usually annoyed by it because the people who do watch me tend to give me advice; this advice is either about segments of the game I've already done, something I already know how to do, or something I don't care about.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always seem to cock-up more when people are watching me do anything, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I would love to hear the advice of someone more experienced and wisened in the ways of whatever game I am playing.
    But that is different than hearing it from either a) someone who knows nothing about which they are talking or b) someone telling you exactly what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and why to do it.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

i like when people watch me play games, it makes me feel superior cause they cant do it

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    But that is different than hearing it from either a) someone who knows nothing about which they are talking or b) someone telling you exactly what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and why to do it.

And don't forget WHEN you're doing it.

Hmmm not really... Pretty much the same... I don't mind people watching me play... Now when I play multiplayer, I tend to mess up because I hate being competitive. Cause I always end up looking at the other person's screen.
    I <3 Monkey Boys.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    I don't mind at all if somebody watches me play something, because then I get all AMG LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!!11 and then I do amazing things. 8-)

You've never done amazing things.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    If they are telling me what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and why to do it, they must know more about the game than I do; however, if they are just being bossy for no particular reason, then I can see why it can become a problem.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I don't mind at all if somebody watches me play something, because then I get all AMG LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!!11 and then I do amazing things. 8-)

yeaaaaaa same here

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Depends on the game and whether I am actively talking to them. If talking is involved, I can't play 2 D fighters (unless I act rude and not look at them when I talk)

For a game like world of warcraft. I can do my job without looking at the game. So I actually actively chat with friends on msn, surf the web, and talk to IRL people all while tapping some 5 buttons in rthymic fashion.

The game's too easy.