Thread: Quickly Gaining Job Levels?

Default Quickly Gaining Job Levels?

I'm asking this because I'm NOT going to GameFAQs like I was asked!

What is the quickest way to raise job levels?

Anyone? (Elpizo specifically? )

EDIT: By the way, this is the DS Version.

I'm not completely sure about this, but I heard that using the class' central commands (like Terrain for Geomancer, Fight for fighting classes, magic for mages, etc.) a certain amount of times in battle helps raise job levels.

using any of the 4 main actions (NOT run away, front, rear, or equipment) gives a certain amount of JP(job points)... the amount u get is lower after job level 14 (the amount differs by job class) but its 20 per action for the first 14 levels... so guard 4 times then attack and ull gain a job lvl. the lowest amount u can get is 8 JP therefore for that class it takes 13 actions.

its a sped up version of skill/magic system from ff2 (except the cancel trick doesnt work here)

hope this helps

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think some classes just earn them more easily than others x.x; Or maybe 'people who get the last hit in and kill monsters earn more because they cut off people who are slower and haven't had their turn's action yet'

I think the killing thing might be true. My mystic knight is like job level 50 and has killed a crap load of enemies. Where as my Dragoon is only like in his 20's.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It depends on the version you're playing. In the NES each class gets a different amount of JobEXP depending on the action and the class. I seem to recall there was a walkthrough on Gamefaqs that had them in but I can't seem to find it now.

The DS version is different; each class gains the same JobEXP for any "valid" action (anything but switching rows and attempting to run/flee), giving you 20 for all classes EXCEPT the Scholar which gives 24. However due to the way it's calculated Scholars will gain Job Levels at the same speed as the other classes. Once you reach Job Level 14+ the JobEXP per action changes depending on the class. For example Thieves get 18, while White Mages only get 10. This FAQ has the full table in it.

Generally speaking the things that your job level affects is your damage output, including physical and magical attacks. In the DS version it will also increase the effectiveness of some of your class-unique skills. The base stats are based on your character level and job selected and are not affected by your job level. Neither is your HP or MP.
    There is no signature here. Move along.