Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Diablo II again, anyone?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm a level 11 Barbarian and Danielle is a level 10 Sorceress... Just finished that one where you rescue Cain. So we have a fair way to go. =x
    If you get to level 15 by the time I get back, I'll play with you. I'll try not to kill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    Basically, if they were to play their higher levels with yours, they'd kill everything and walk you through to the quest points. That's about it really. I'm going to Game Stop some time this week, so I'll be on again soon. :cD
    Excellent. My plan is all coming together.

In addition, the areas that can be played by either high or low levels are not conducive to playing. There's no reason for a higher level to return to an old area, and lower levels can't even access higher level areas, and if they could, they would die instantly. There's also some technical stuff. At best the high levels could either rush you or give you equipment. At worst, since you are both above level nine, you could get PK'd. But no one would do that, unless I felt like being evil. Nominus knows I've done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    YouTube - Median 2008 - Khalimgrad Killing

This was nice =]]] My Assassin sucks ;-;
    I can't watch it now, but I'm going to guess that's a Blossom Assassin?

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I'd join you, if it weren't for the time zone differences and the 12-hour work days.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Time is not an issue. I'm serious.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Something like levels 17 & 18 for us two now. We're enjoying it so far.

Is there any way to find out who else is in a game? I mean, I understand that someone by the name of Værn was on while I was away from my PC and I've no idea who else might be around whenever, so it'd be neat to be able to check.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's commands you can do while in the lobby to add accounts to your friend's lists, and from there display if they're in a game currently or not. I think if you type /help friends or /help f it'll list the options. It's only in the lobby, though, afaik

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

First you have to add people to your friends list. Just do /f a name and that person should be added to the list. /f l will bring up the list of people that are on your list in order. Whoever is online will be wherever. Accounts are on the first post; also, only accounts are recognized on the /f l, not character names. So if you added Mar_Yume, it would never list me as being on; but having Tavrobel on your /f l would show me as on.

/help and all other commands are also available when you join a game. Certain lobby commands are limited to there, such as /kick and /ban, and since we don't have a moderated channel, these commands are fully and completely ignorable.

If you don't want to add a person your friend list, but want to know where they are, the command /whereis or /whois will show you where they are. If they are in a public channel, such as DII USA 23, Battle.net will show you that. /w is the shortcut for "whisper" or a private chat. E.g., /whereis charactername will give you a character's location; /whereis *username (with the *) will give you the location of the account.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I was more wanting to get an idea of who was active in the game I was in - but I found that using the Party menu did this nicely.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm now a level 16 necromancer =D
    I'm paranoid that my minions may soon realize that they're more powerful than I am, and try to overthrow me =(

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There is a reason why my skepticism about Diablo as handled by Blizzard is not unfounded. It begins with Diablo I, which was overrun by hacks and a complete incompetence to handle the situation; eventually, Elixirs were continuously hacked and distributed on the realms when possible. Blizzard abandoned the game, and it was nothing but bots and hacks. The only legitimate way to play now is single player.

The next stage begins with Starcraft. Again, they allowed people to go on without really doing anything for a long while. Though bans were distributed that doesn't actually stop anyone from going out and buying the game again; it's only ten bucks for the CD-key, and Brood War is truly unnecessary. The way that EUD triggers was handled by Blizzard was terrible; all that was left was EUD Conditions, and then they somehow managed to screw up Infested Terrans by disabling the "train unit" function. Smart.

Diablo II comes along. Great game. Then 1.10 comes along with good intentions while all the while managing to royally create an incentive to hack MORE. 1.11 just pisses me off some more. The only bright side about 1.10 was the ease of modding that it brought, and yet they still have not nerfed Paladins. Uber Duriel waypoint hack, anyone? Free Brains for all.

Ohh, by the way:
    [Release] Version Hack - Play with 1.11b on Closed Realms
    Premium Diablo 2 - Version Hack

So I guess we don't need 1.12 anymore. See, this is what happens when you fail to change any game code. Do you want to know WHY I know no code was changed? Because Median still works. If you can, go take a visit to the Diablo II Battle.net forums. Right now. Please don't ever doubt my skepticism ever again. My hopes for Diablo III are negative in the most general way. At first it was just disbelief and indifference, but now it has evolved into full-blown rage. WHY ARE YOU STILL HIRING STAFF BLIZZARD? Two options: this means that they are nowhere near done, or they had an incredibly large walkout, which means DIII is going the way of SC: Ghost. Cool.

/end angry rant

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why are you getting angry D2 is plenty fun in 1 player, I've played it online like twice ever. I imagine D3 will be great in 1 player as well.

Only good multiplayer roguelikes are the Dark Alliance games, because your buddy can play on the same screen in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    ...WHY ARE YOU STILL HIRING STAFF BLIZZARD? Two options: this means that they are nowhere near done, or they had an incredibly large walkout, which means DIII is going the way of SC: Ghost. Cool.
    ever hear of flagship studios? AKA the Diablo II development team? The whole team was let go or they quit or something and made their own company called flagship studios, which makes horrible games like hellgate london....etc etc

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm a level 11 Barbarian and Danielle is a level 10 Sorceress... Just finished that one where you rescue Cain. So we have a fair way to go. =x
    If you get to level 15 by the time I get back, I'll play with you. I'll try not to kill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    Basically, if they were to play their higher levels with yours, they'd kill everything and walk you through to the quest points. That's about it really. I'm going to Game Stop some time this week, so I'll be on again soon. :cD
    Excellent. My plan is all coming together.

In addition, the areas that can be played by either high or low levels are not conducive to playing. There's no reason for a higher level to return to an old area, and lower levels can't even access higher level areas, and if they could, they would die instantly. There's also some technical stuff. At best the high levels could either rush you or give you equipment. At worst, since you are both above level nine, you could get PK'd. But no one would do that, unless I felt like being evil. Nominus knows I've done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    YouTube - Median 2008 - Khalimgrad Killing

This was nice =]]] My Assassin sucks ;-;
    I can't watch it now, but I'm going to guess that's a Blossom Assassin?
    Wytchwind.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    ever hear of flagship studios? AKA the Diablo II development team? The whole team was let go or they quit or something and made their own company called flagship studios, which makes horrible games like hellgate london....etc etc
    Yes, I have. However, this all occurred before Diablo III was announced, and by this time, one would expect that the Staff for Diablo III would be more or less complete.

@ MILF, because Blizzard manages to screw everything up, even in single-player.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Bah, I hopped on for a quick Andy/Trav/Meph run in Nightmare and was so excited when Andy dropped a unique ring. Of course, it was only a Manald Heal.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, she tends to do that to you. It's worse when she drops a Nagelring.

All it leaves you with is a Poisoned Merc and eternal rage.