Thread: EoFF Diablo II again, anyone?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

SoJ is the only reason I'm adamant about including Andy in my NM mf'ing runs.

p.s. Every time someone says "mf" I always think of mothersmurfing and it makes me chuckle.
    Figaro Castle

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    SoJ is the only reason I'm adamant about including Andy in my NM mf'ing runs.

p.s. Every time someone says "mf" I always think of mothersmurfing and it makes me chuckle.
    Haha I thought the same thing when I said "MFer".

My account name is Seppuku55 by the way.

Started a Necromancer on USEast. Account name is thebunnycomplex and I'll probably be playing it during the early afternoon.

Haven't been on much in the last few days; I actually spent this weekend socializing

I'm back to the usual. Hopefully somebody will come accompany me and make it less lonely

yea things tend to shut down on the weekends... ill be playing on monday or so... i have tons of runes to transfer... so start logging on ppl!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Lag made me sell my SoJ by accident. I'm off for like, the next week.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

DX

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm guessing you didn't get Big D to appear for your selling efforts. xD
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Lag made me sell my SoJ by accident. I'm off for like, the next week.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't get Big D to appear for your selling efforts. xD
    One message popped up before, but the server wasn't hot. Mine was the second SoJ. Since it was a random MF game, I couldn't remember the name of the game, and SRL was also on at the time, but he left his game, so we couldn't check the message log for information. The password was f, though. At least I got the 3k gold for it.

I just think it's bogus that Uber Diablo still has to spawn because of SOJ sales. Like, why not sales of high runes or at least something that's mildly plentiful?

The whole reason for using SOJs back when it switched to 1.10 was because there were countless duped SOJs all over battle.net. Many accounts had stashes just chock full of them. They were the currency and at one point were so duped and dirt cheap it would take like 8 SOJs to get something decent (we're talking mid-level uniques here). So it made sense that Blizzard was giving incentive for people to "destroy" those SOJs in order to clear the dupes off the realms and get them back to normalized levels. So for a while on non-ladder SOJs were plentiful and each time a selling message came around, you could bet Uber Diablo would spawn.

But nowadays, say on a Ladder where everything is fresh... SOJs are so damn rare, nobody can so easily give them up. They're almost as rare as the Annihilus charms themselves, and even if you sell yours there's no guaruntee it'll lead you to an Anni.

They should come up with a new way for Anni-dropping Uber D to spawn.

but theres still tons of them on non-ladder... if there sold in a non ladder game of the same IP server as a ladder game ur in... they'll spawn the clone

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    but theres still tons of them on non-ladder... if there sold in a non ladder game of the same IP server as a ladder game ur in... they'll spawn the clone
    Oh... I didn't know that XD

Carry on.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The problem with the whole system is that it encourages people to continue duping SoJs in order to summon DClone. Though it did clean up some SoJs, it only provides a stronger incentive to make more of them.

Yeah, as Dragon said, SoJ sales on NL also affect Ladder, since they both use the same server IP addresses in determining which server DClone spawns on, and in such a case where 100 SoJs are sold at the start of the counter, DClone will spawn on all games using that server.

tav come back... no ones been on lately...im kinda getting bored with d2 with no one playing. btw, i found another shako if anyones interested in trading... eoff discount applies of course.

since im finding lots of stuff now that my sorc is fully mf'ed im thinking of making an eoff item bank... basically an account or 5 with items that characters use, of course access would be restricted to me and senior members(trustees) of the eoff d2 team(tav, mulley, etc) any new players can get something from those players upon request, it's more efficient than ppl holding items on their mules, with ppl waiting for that player to come online... input needed.
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 07-31-2008 at 09:10 AM.