Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 9? You bet.

Awesome. I have to try this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momji
    Wrong. They just went back to when Mega Man games were good-- before they started milking the franchise.
    I'd hate to start adversity in a Mega Man thread, but this "milking the franchise" garbage has become so cliche it seriously needs to be filtered out along with curse words on this site. I'd prefer playing Mega Man 8 and X5 just as much as any other game in the franchise, so don't tell me the NES was "when MM games were good". Not to mention that this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    I'd be happier if this thread about Mega Man Legends 3.

This is cool too, though.
    is something i agree with completely. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell that this game is being released, but like I said, we already got 13 main games+ of basically the same content, I would like a new addition to this highly addictive and underappreciated spin-off series.

I thoroughly enjoyed both the Mega Man and Mega Man X series. And even though MMX1 is my all-time favourite Mega Man game in the entire franchise, I enjoyed the original MM series as a whole, a hell of a lot more. Because unlike the MMX series, I thought every entry in the MM series were wonderful. I thought MM8 was beautiful and an excellent addition for the series. That being said, I’m not too excited for this game.

When I first heard about MM9 and how it was going to stick to its traditional 2D roots, I so thought that it would play off of MM8 and work up from there, or even just stick to MM8 standards, and that got me excited. But then realizing that it was going to play off the MM1-6 style, my excitement began to wear thin. Don't get me wrong, I loved the old school MMs and I even enjoy playing them today, but a brand new numbered addition to the series in NES format is kind of like a slap in the face to me. Waiting eleven years for the next MM game and it being this is a disappointment imo. However, I will buy it and play it, and I’ll more than likely enjoy it too. It’s just disappointing for me is all.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Wrong. They just went back to when Mega Man games were good-- before they started milking the franchise.
    I'd hate to start adversity in a Mega Man thread, but this "milking the franchise" garbage has become so cliche it seriously needs to be filtered out along with curse words on this site. I'd prefer playing Mega Man 8 and X5 just as much as any other game in the franchise, so don't tell me the NES was "when MM games were good".
    Here we go again, someone takes my opinion and makes it seem as though I was saying it as fact-- as if your opinion is fact as well.

It's true: I do think the Mega Man games were best back in the NES days. That's why I said so. The X games are okay as well. Anything past that is what I'd consider 'milking the franchise'. I don't care if you don't like the phrase, it is what it is whether you like it or not. This is the part where all of the knockoff games from knockoff anime series come in, like Megaman.exe/Battle Network 1 - (is it 6 or 7 now?). That isn't to say they're bad games, it's just that the entire franchise is running dry at that point and the whole Megaman idea becomes stale. The same thing happened with Final Fantasy VII-- VII itself was a decent game, but with an incredibly irritating fanbase. Since it was so popular, Square-Enix decided it would bring them lots of money if they cranked out a bunch of knockoff games and movies pertaining to VII. It's a smart marketing move, after all, but the less time they spend on making the games just so they can release them significantly diminishes their quality-- giving those of us who aren't hopeless fanboys/girls the desire to facepalm, then headdesk multiple times. The Mega Man name is no different. The Mario name is no different. Dried-up ideas should just die so new ones can be formulated.

Again, none of what I said is to be taken as fact. I say this because I'm sure someone here will blow up on me for disagreeing with them-- so what I say is my own opinion, and I don't care if you agree or not.

EDIT: Hey, this is my 4000th post. It's a shame I had to waste it on a rant.

So apparently Capcom made a mistake when they announced it for all three consoles. It's going to be a WiiWare exclusive.

Retro-themed Megaman 9 to hit WiiWare

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    So apparently Capcom made a mistake when they announced it for all three consoles. It's going to be a WiiWare exclusive.

Damn, now I have to get a Wii for Megaman, a PS3 for Disgaea 3, and a 360 for everything else.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

In the Nintendo Power issue, creator Keiji Inafune did say "We’re not just giving you Mega Man 9, we’re giving you a new NES game." That adds some solidity to it being a Nintendo exclusive, however unlikely it may seem.

I'm still having flashbacks of Resident Evil 4 and Viewtiful Joe being Game Cube exclusives. xP But the Wii is the dominant console this round, so it's more likely they mean it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

*Goes on a vicious kill spree in despair*
    Last edited by Ramza Beoulve; 07-01-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I'd hate to start adversity in a Mega Man thread, but this "milking the franchise" garbage has become so cliche it seriously needs to be filtered out along with curse words on this site. I'd prefer playing Mega Man 8 and X5 just as much as any other game in the franchise, so don't tell me the NES was "when MM games were good".
    Here we go again, someone takes my opinion and makes it seem as though I was saying it as fact-- as if your opinion is fact as well.

It's true: I do think the Mega Man games were best back in the NES days. That's why I said so. The X games are okay as well. Anything past that is what I'd consider 'milking the franchise'. I don't care if you don't like the phrase, it is what it is whether you like it or not. This is the part where all of the knockoff games from knockoff anime series come in, like Megaman.exe/Battle Network 1 - (is it 6 or 7 now?). That isn't to say they're bad games, it's just that the entire franchise is running dry at that point and the whole Megaman idea becomes stale. The same thing happened with Final Fantasy VII-- VII itself was a decent game, but with an incredibly irritating fanbase. Since it was so popular, Square-Enix decided it would bring them lots of money if they cranked out a bunch of knockoff games and movies pertaining to VII. It's a smart marketing move, after all, but the less time they spend on making the games just so they can release them significantly diminishes their quality-- giving those of us who aren't hopeless fanboys/girls the desire to facepalm, then headdesk multiple times. The Mega Man name is no different. The Mario name is no different. Dried-up ideas should just die so new ones can be formulated.

Again, none of what I said is to be taken as fact. I say this because I'm sure someone here will blow up on me for disagreeing with them-- so what I say is my own opinion, and I don't care if you agree or not.

EDIT: Hey, this is my 4000th post. It's a shame I had to waste it on a rant.
    It's ironic that you accuse me of taking what you say as fact and not opinion when you explicitly use the phrase "it is what it is whether you like it or not" in the same post. Slightly less humorous (but just as ironic) is when you claim you're not commenting on quality, when you have already explicitly and implicity stated that the games were better before they started over-producing. If you want to talk game quality, we can bring up how double jumping, ducking, sliding, jumping off walls and different plot structuring were all brought in to make newer games fresher and more exciting.

Then you go on about game companies rehashing stale ideas for the sole purpose of money. When we've already brought up Mega Man Legends - one of the most underrated and underappreciated games I've ever played, which brought a new engaging spin on both story and gameplay. I never implied you state your opinion as fact, just how it's basically regurgitated cliches with little to no merit. Sorry.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As long as the series creator is working on it, its going to be pretty solid IMO. Although, the way they are discussing this tells me its going for more of a nostalgic feel rather than a continuation of the story. Here I was hoping we could finally see how we went from Rock to X but that might not be the case.

Blog Entries

I'd rather know how Dr. Light had all that free time to make, like, a million X suits.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What the hell does Dr. Light do besides sending Rock out to fight his battles?

Blog Entries

Apparently make suits for a robot he had no idea was going to exist!