Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

No.

What would ever give you that idea? O_o'

No Fran was injured but Balthier saved her and himself somehow, it seems they took a year out, who knows what crazy shinanagans occured, Perphaps they started a small chain of coffee shops or maybe they just chilled out at the Phon Coast, but eventually they take back the Strahl and return to their high flying lives of piracy.
    Oh and He gives Ashes ring back to Vaan to give to Ashe, perphaps he found something more valuable after all, like realizing he has an awesome life filled with robbing treasures and running wild with a very sexy lady all day long so its a happy ending really
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    No Fran was injured but Balthier saved her and himself somehow, it seems they took a year out, who knows what crazy shinanagans occured, Perphaps they started a small chain of coffee shops or maybe they just chilled out at the Phon Coast, but eventually they take back the Strahl and return to their high flying lives of piracy.
    Oh and He gives Ashes ring back to Vaan to give to Ashe, perphaps he found something more valuable after all, like realizing he has an awesome life filled with robbing treasures and running wild with a very sexy lady all day long :D so its a happy ending really
    Allegedly he found Bervenia or whatever. I can't be assed to play Revenant Wings to find out.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    What would ever give you that idea? O_o'
    A lapse of concentration would do it - simply not paying attention during the ending. Although that'd make about as much sense as reading a really long book, then skim-reading the last chapter and having no idea what actually happened.

Oh okay i thought they died and they were my two fave characters too ;)
    But thats good they didnt die.

I bet Fran wasn't even that hurt, she was just faking to get some attention. she still had enough energy for some witty banter with Balthier.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

All I know is, they got together romantically, if they weren't already. I think they had a child, too, which . . . gross.

Balthier and Fran do not have a child!!! the child in the credits is Balthier/Ffamran being held by Cid.

whether or not they are together romantically is still a lil bit of a mystery altho it seems they are. as in Revenant Wings (SPOILER)theres a bit more tension between them and apparantely Balthier has been giving her flowers and trinkets and they like to spend time alone together a lot more than they did before. I think penelo suspects that stuff is going on there. And its not gross even if they did have a kid cos its established in Ivalice that Veira and Hume, Veira and flying thing, and Veira and Seeq can all have relationships.
    (SPOILER)the villain is a veira who was in love with a hume, and Fran seems to take this to heart

but again they don't have a kid, or if they do they are doing a bad job at parenting it cos you never see or hear about it
    Remember that well.