Thread: Oh, work ^.^

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Oh, work ^.^

So like, I'm the assistant for this guy who's the director of something or other in the Dept of Ag, and lately I'm on this project where I enter all of his publications (he has like, 700 xD) into Endnote, so I sit at a computer all day~ Meaning I browse EoFF with Bawb's simplified theme way more often than I should. xD I'll be sad when I'm done with this project in a week or so and have to go back to non-computery stuff.

How do you waste your time at work?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Today I've solved a dozen puzzles at puzzles.com. I've organized some speeches, voted for the ciddies, looked at auctions for wii games and browsed eoff and facebook. I like this job. I don't even have to hide what I'm doing as I do everything I'm supposed to do.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I read books....

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How the heck do you not have time for mafia then?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

There's not a computer available at my teaching job, so I don't spend time online there. But, I also work as a service assistant at a sports centre, and whenever I'm there on my own there's usually a lot of time to spare... and so I either spend time online or watch TV and eat candy/french fries in the cafeteria Sooooo nice.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I surf EoFF and other forums and sometimes I take upon projects that consume my life. Like the EoFF meetup, where I happily became the coordinator for. Or when I visit home and I'm like 'let's do this' and drag everybody screaming to do stuff that ends up to be a blast. Wait I'm going off topic.

Basically I find distractions that take between an hour to two hours so that I can survive the drudgery of work. OMG it's only been an hour half save me!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

at whatta-burger, time wasting was generally delegated to a) using more time than necessary to get buckets of ice, b) obsessively cleaning the counter c) making sure there were waaaaaaaaaaaay enough cups, d) coming in after a 40 minute dinner break instead of 30 minutes.

we didn't have much time to waste.

Blog Entries

Play my guitar and talk to Skt in irc.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Read news websites, namely BBC and the Daily Mail. We're not allowed to look at politically offensive material, so the latter is borderline!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    How the heck do you not have time for mafia then?
    that was my other work, where I don't have internet. Luckily I'm done with that job now.

I don't work now, 'cause I'm planning to be a stay at home mommy~

But when I did work, I always drew on receipt paper. Sometimes I would be so into drawing on the receipt paper I would forget I was at work.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

On some days I'm able to browse GHF and EoFF and certain blogs, as well as checking Fark. Basically I can surf the net for a good part of the day. I'd like this job a lot more if I got home before 7.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I basically waste time by chatting to friends who are in the nightclub that night/chatting to other staff/singing and dancing around and cleaning the bar.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Talk to some silly girl named Carmen. No internets at work. ;_;
    I like Kung-Fu.