The other day the fanboy in me was imagining how cool it would be to have a compilation of characters from various Square-Enix games set in a randomly generated dungeon crawler game. The dungeon should be massive, like 500+ levels, with warp points every 50 levels or so. To make it an even more enjoyable trip down memory lane, each level or set of 2-3 levels could have a theme that's from various games in Square-Enix's line up.

I don't know why, but the idea of an extremely massive randomly generated dungeon crawler sounds so cool to me right now and populating the game with the history of the Square-Enix franchise sounds so good. At first I was thinking of a Final Fantasy theme for the game, but then I realized there are other games in their line-up that would be cool to include and it would allow for that much more massive of a dungeon. Hell, even 1,000+ floors would be awesome with me. You could even travel to the core of the planet.

Just like the dungeon is massive and allows for a unique playthrough every time, there should be ample amounts of customization in the character creation process. The character creation process should allow for a unique character to be created, but I think it would be cool if various characters from their stable were offered as a pre-defined setup if you want to start with a base style of character and then tweak then to your own liking. As far as single characters or a party for you to control, I'm not picky and either is fine.

And items need to have near infinite amounts of possibilities as well. I'm thinking similar to Diablo II in the sense that there are near infinite combinations that can be tied to equipment. And they could have uniques as well that would come from their games, like Excalibur and the Metal Babble Sword.

Anyways, I thought it would be a pretty cool game. It would probably bankrupt the company to make something so massive, but I would spend my monies to fund it if I was super rich or won the lottery. :mog: