Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default No river access for you!

I often wonder if my memories of Final Fantasy would be any different if you weren't able to access the Ice Cave until after Gurgu Volcano and there was no river dock access to get to the Castle of Ordeals. Every time I play, once I obtain the canoe, I go to the Castle first, then the Ice Cave. I usually end up coming to Gurgu Volcano last after I've already defeated Kraken and Tiamat so it's more of a chore than anything to go smack Kary around. I always tell myself that I'm going to do it the old fashioned way before I learned about the other canoe docks and do Gurgu Volcano first, yet I never do.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I often wonder if my memories of Final Fantasy would be any different if you weren't able to access the Ice Cave until after Gurgu Volcano and there was no river dock access to get to the Castle of Ordeals. Every time I play, once I obtain the canoe, I go to the Castle first, then the Ice Cave. I usually end up coming to Gurgu Volcano last after I've already defeated Kraken and Tiamat so it's more of a chore than anything to go smack Kary around. I always tell myself that I'm going to do it the old fashioned way before I learned about the other canoe docks and do Gurgu Volcano first, yet I never do.
    Well, since she IS a little difficult, I would reccommend gaining some levels fighting the "Eye" in the Ice Cave then you get the float and get the Airship and complete the Citadel of Trials and get to Bahamut and change classes. The earlier the class change, the better the growth.
    Strago Magus