Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You lack energy. Your voice sounds monotonous...

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Default You lack energy. Your voice sounds monotonous...

I failed at my job interview today.

My interviewer said "You lack energy, and your voice was always monotone. Come back here in two~three months"

Waaaaa

*wipes tears*

I'm done crying now. I need practice. Well at least my grammar and diction were correct, unlike the guy that had an interview with me. He had a problem with his F's and P's and his B's and V's.

Have you ever been rejected?
    Does this motivate you even further?

I have never been rejected, I'm a winner.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

What kind of job was it?

As for jobs goes.. actually, no I've never been rejected for any of the jobs I've applied for. I don't know if it's just pure luck, or if I'm just naturally good at job interviews or something?

Anyway, as for you. Take this as a learning experience and go apply for another job. Make sure to correct what you did wrong, etc. etc. I think that's the best thing you can do.. y'know, moving on and trying to learn something from what happened.

Blog Entries

Practice makes perfect.

Though the interviewer sounds like a dick, frankly, and not really someone I'd want to work for.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never been actually rejected at a job interview. I've been not called up about jobs before though, so I guess that is rejection. But I've got everyone job I've ever had an interview for.

The biggest rejection I've ever gotten was being rejected from NYU, after working years and years to get into that school. lol being unrealistic and thinking I could get into a near ivy league dream school and still being bitter about it lolololol.
    Last edited by Rye; 06-19-2008 at 01:47 PM.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've had 5 jobs, but only two where I had to go through an interview. They were both desperate so I was pretty much hired before I got into the room. Didn't really matter what I had to say, I think.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been rejected from one job but not during the interview stage. My resume (don't feel like the accents xD) just wasn't as strong as those of the other applicants. I took it a lot harder than I thought I would, probably because no one had ever just said "no" to me before.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never really had a problem in interviews. I've had plenty of problems getting asked in for an interview, though.

it's kind of stupid that they'd tell you that about your voice. Sometimes it's pretty hard to not be monotone. I'm monotone as crap most of the time

I had a few jobs not hire me, but it was the "We're not ever calling you back" kind of rejection.

I used to do voice acting on a site a while ago and auditioned for all these fan made projects. One time I got an email back about my auditions with the guy telling me "Listen, you suck at talking, I can't understand you and your accent (I have a slight speech impediment not an accent >.<) is terrible. You'll never get a (non-paying and fan done for fun, mind you) role in anything on this site". I had to laugh at the irony because I was involved in several projects at the time and the guy thought my unique sounding voice wouldn't land me a role ever, when in fact it did many times. XD
    This space intentionally left blank.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Yes and yes. I've probably been rejected more times than I'd care to remember. You cannot be goal oriented when it comes to things like job interview and picking up guys and girls -- you'll just get depressed by the batting average and it will spiral into a series of negative thoughts.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only had two interviews before-- one for a job and one for a scholarship-- and I got both, so i guess I know what to say to people and how to say it.

Do you have some sort of voice chat program? (skype, y!m whatever) You could get some people here to practice being dynamic with you.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've got every job I've interviewed for, maybe thats just out of pure luck though!

Blog Entries

Where do you live that they actually tell you how you did on the interview? >>

Anyways I usually end up doing ok on interviews even though I'm terrified of talking to people, one time I got interviewed by 2 people at once and I knew I was bombing the interview so I tried to play it as cool as possible which probably didn't help the interview process at all.
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've gotten rejections from a few law schools this year :3

Never gotten rejected after an interview before. Don't think I've gotten rejected with guys either, but that's because I rarely ever made the first move.

For interviews, I think you just gotta smile a lot and act friendly. ^_^

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blog Entries

I've been rejected many times.

I've also visted one of my friends at his work place and ended up stealing his job. Good times.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!