Thread: God of War

Default God of War

Hi, yes, I am a girl and I love playing God of War.
    But i'm stuck.
    I'm early in the game, I know, but I am supposed to be seeing the Oracle in Athens. I went past the place where Ares is destroying everything and now I am fighting two Minotaurs. You know how you're supposed to use Madusa's head to freeze one of them on the button that opens the gate? For some reason, I can't use Madusa's head! I talked to Athena, I beat Madusa, and I fought the two Minotaurs in the room. Why can't I use the freeze thing? I know that you hold down the L2 button and square...but it doesn't work and the Minotaurs keep coming at me !!!!!!!! What do I do?

*HUGS* TOTAL!
    give lulusgirl more *HUGS*

Get hugs of your own

Emily, Dark Goddess, and I Don't Need A Name are my best friends I could ever wish for.

Could be a glitch, which would totally suck. I double checked my game manual and you are correct about needing to hold down L2 and Square. The only thing I could think of is, are you trying to push those two buttons down at the same time? I had a similar problem in GoW2 with a certain item.

Are you holding down L2 first, so he brings the head up to aim it, and then pushing Square?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Been a while since I played this, so I don't remember the details at all.

However, Minotaurs are one of the stronger enemies, ya? Perhaps you have to damage them a bit (or a lot) before the petrification will be effective. Also, according to the 'real' legend, medusa can only petrify you if you look at her. So don't shoot the thing at their backs!

Otherwise, I 2nd the glitch idea.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

You need to select Medusa's head as your active spell with the directional buttons before you can use it. If you've done that, and you still aren't able to use it then I'd say there is a glitch.

Do you actually see Medusa's head? Like, is Kratos actually holding it when you try to do the spell?

You see those wave like things and that weird noise right?

Point it at the same minotaur for a few seconds in a row and he should get turned to stone. Smack the stone monstrosity and it should break down.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Id only like to reinforce whats been said, that is....

Press left on the directional button (i think its set to left at least)
    then, where it displays your magic power, it should be of a medusa head (the display is right next to your health/MP bars)
    then a nifty L2 to bring out the head...
    And while holding L2 down, press Square until they are stoned!

I remember that point in the game quite well. In god mode it took me three hours to get outta that room.=/

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    You see those wave like things and that weird noise right?

Point it at the same minotaur for a few seconds in a row and he should get turned to stone. Smack the stone monstrosity and it should break down.
    Yeah it takes a few seconds to take effect. Have to keep medusa's stare on them for like five seconds

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Rumour has it that Kratos is going to be in Soul Calibur 4...

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Rumour has it that Kratos is going to be in Soul Calibur 4...
    I very much doubt it. If he was it would have to be exclusive to the PS3 version, so then that raises the question, what other exclusive character will be in the 360 version?

That would be totally unfair to all of the other characters...here you would have a character basically doing Mortal Kombat finishers!