Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've Just About Had Enough With Movies.

Angry I've Just About Had Enough With Movies.

Anymore, I find going to a theatre irritating...

I usually go with friends for the companionship, but the movies are just getting so ridiculously bad, I don't think I can stands it anymore.

I don't have ADD or anything, but I find trying to sit through a movie over 90 minutes (that seems to be my limit) frustrating, and then I begin watching my clock to see if we're getting anywhere close to being done.

And the movies are just getting worse. I just got back from Get Smart, and while I wouldn't say it was bad, I wouldn't recommend it either. I did see The Love Guru last night, and that just about made me poke out my eyes. The last time I saw a good movie was Juno, and that was back at Christmas.

I hate being around people in a theatre. They always seem to be trying to see how loud they can be without being "loud." Whether it's laughing at an unfunny joke or their irrational reactions to something that isn't surprising, or not realizing that IT'S A FREAKING MOVIE! IT'S NOT REAL!

I'd much rather buy a DVD set of a television show's season and watch it in its manageable 22 minute chunks and not be annoyed by others and their presence.

Anybody else give up on movies, theatre, both, or anything similar?

No, because I only go see movies that receive positive reviews. I try to see all the films nominated for the Best Picture at the Academy Awards, and other movies that are supposed to be good (like Iron Man, for instance). I would never go see something like The Love Guru, and therefore am not usually disappointed in going to the movies.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I just don't go see movies unless I feel like it's gonna be good, based on reviews and such. I've never really flew blind into a movie.

I've only ever run into a problem with other people in the theater like once before - it was a group of really, really obnoxious kids that yelled at the screen. Luckily it was a big theater and we could move after a few minutes.

I heard from everyone who saw the Love Guru that it sucked so I'm sorry for you and you also make me feel bad cuz the last couple times I went to the movies with my friends we completely fit your description of those obnoxious people. Although if I ever go see a movie with my friend Katie she makes everyone shut up and not talk because she gets completely sucked into the movie and cries and stuff its funny.

But you know I just recently watched Fight Club again and I remember thinking that it's been a while since I've seen a movie awesome like that. Juno was good though.

I love going to the movies! There's a huge difference between watching a movie in a cinema and watching it at home on DVD. If possible movies should be watched in a cinema imo.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Cinema is great fo' moviefilms. But I think that parties are infinitely more fun squashed up seven deep on a sofa in your pjimmies with blankets and popcorn and doritoes, oh my! watching 10 dvd's in a row until your eyes burn out, keeping your neighbours up and being found snoring in a heap at one o' clock in the afternoon the next day. Tell me you can do that in a cinema.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Well seeing as I'm making it my livelihood, the answer is no. I've seen more amazing films in the last year than I have in my entire life. Just depends where you look.

The Love Guru and Get Smart looked horrible in their previews, why would you spend money going to see them? Stupid humor is one of the worst things to go see in the theaters because nine times out of ten, what you see in the previews is just about all there is to see in the movie.

There have been a lot of good movies this year. A surprising amount, actually. Like DK, I have seen more amazing movies in this year than I have in any year ever. Just stop going to horrible ones with bad actors and stupid plots.

I didn't go specifically for the movie, I went to hang out.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Ask your friends to go to less crappy movies, then.

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Ask your friends to go to less crappy movies, then.
    Or tell them that next time you'll decide what you're going to watch.

Blog Entries

I cba to go to the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    I didn't go specifically for the movie, I went to hang out.
    Then stop complaining and blaming the industry. It isn't their fault.

I normally don't go to theaters, and when I do I tend to sit as far away from people as possible, or go like.. right before it's about to be taken out of the theater.

Very few movies seem good enough for me to pay the money and deal with the people just to see it.

The only movie I want to see in a movie theater in the near future is The Dark Knight.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I prefer movie nights with friends over the theatre for several reasons:

A) Cheaper! Burning a movie to a blank DVD costs a dollar and thirty cents.

B) Cheaper FOOD!

C) No obnoxious people. Movies are full of them and I hate it. Hence, watching movies with just friends at someone's apartment eliminates this.

D) I can smoke while watching the movie.

E) If we wind up hating the movie or not watching all of it, it's not a waste of twelve dollars.

F) We can choose from any movie we can find a torrent for, as opposed to only those in theatres.