Thread: Most Faithful/ Best Super Hero Video Game

Default Most Faithful/ Best Super Hero Video Game

I was walking through the tore today, and i noticed a game i had only played once. I loved everything about it the first time through, and was a bit saddened that i couldn't find it, new or used for the Xbox since i played it.

And that game was The Incredible Hulk : Ultimate Destruction.
    It was a game where I really felt that i was this multi-ton walking green giant of mayhem and destruction, albeit without the one liner cavemen speak. Maybe it was for the better anyway...

So that got me thinking.. out of all the games based on Super Heroes (ranging from Superman to Spider man, X men to Batman) what was the best you played? Another way to phrase it, which one let you feel that you were ACTUALLY the superhero, be it web slinging through New York or giving a good smashing to the Army?

Discuss.

The Spider Man games for the Playstation were decent beat-em ups. After them there hasnt really been any other good super hero games. I hear Spider Man 2 for the PS2 is good but ive never played it.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Loved the Spidey games, and the new one looks like it will be awesome.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

The Spider-Man 2 movie game was really good. I think it was one of the bloggers at Joystiq who said that the real test of a good Spider-Man game is how good the web swinging is, and Spider-Man 2 gets it perfectly. Swinging around a scale model of Manhattan is incredibly satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I think it was one of the bloggers at Joystiq who said that the real test of a good Spider-Man game is how good the web swinging is, and Spider-Man 2 gets it perfectly.
    So then why did Spider Man 3 suck so much?

The web swinging got mysteriously awkward. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The old X-men arcade game.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I'll have to say the Spiderman games once they introduced Sandbox elements (like a city =]!).

aka Spiderman 2 (Just that one =])

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Yeah I can't believe they messed up after Spider-Man 2. I literally spent hours just swinging around in that game and it was amazing. All they had to do was improve the graphics and combat, and add more variety to the missions and they'd have had a great sequel. Why mess with the best thing in the game???

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

The old X-Men Arcade and the NES Batman were the best. Any of the Capcom fighters, from Children of the Atom to MVC2. If you're looking for more recent, definitely Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, but also the X-Men Legends games and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I'd also say keep an eye open for the new Spider-Man game, which could be for Spidey what Ultimate Destruction was for Hulk... Hopefully.

Stay away from any movie-based game, though. They're unfinished and rushed to make the released date for their respective film.

I kinda liked X-Men Legends