Thread: 1, 2, 3, ...what?!

Default 1, 2, 3, ...what?!

Heheh, this may be an utter nooblet question but I have to ask, what's the deal with the "damage x2" "damage x3" bits? I thought at first it was just some semi-useless way of measuring what degree of extra damage crits do, but it seems like enemies get it all the time and when I've gotten critical hits it still says "x1". What am I missing here? I see the numbers 1-2-3-4 rise over enemies' heads, and for a while I thought maybe hitting "fight" just as it got to 4 would do x4 damage (which would be ridiculous and OP if such were the case, but why not?) but that doesn't seem to be how you do multiplicative damage.

Can someone enlighten me? Also, very cool game so far.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't recall ever seeing any of these numbers in my game, but maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Maybe it's just the particular translation I'm playing but there's definitely a "Damage x2" "Damage x3" or "Damage x4" that's popping up to the right of my menus when anyone attacks, though my people always do Damage x1 while monsters randomly seem to do x2, x3, or x4 (It's really annoying to get one shotted at full health by a monster that does like 15 damage normally). =/

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I believe that's the number of hits.
    Figaro Castle

You're right, it is. It was hit x1 not damage, sorry, but I still don't understand why some enemies do hit x1 sometimes and it's 9 then hit x3 for like 40 damage another...

If by numbers over heads you mean over the monsters before you fight, the 1,2,3,4 that appear before you actually get into the frenzy of combat, is which character has selected an action on what monster.

If your talking about hits purely, then more hits means more damage, and you get more hits as your levels increase (both normal level and job level I believe). I don't know the specific calculations if that's what your asking, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Just wait till you get fast characters and begin having 17x hits and thousands of HP in damage.

Damn, nice!

I'm really enjoying this game so far, but there's one glaring problem...

I'm at the second dungeon, fast approaching the second boss (if you consider the one at the crystal a real boss, which... well really it isn't, haha), but I'm on my way to the Jinn... and... a guy in my party dies on the fourth level of the dungeon down. There are no phoenix downs/revives/whatever, so I have to go up 4 levels and back to town just to drink from the pool of revivification.

Does this change later? I hope? =/

well u'll eventually come across phoenix downs and have life spells later on in the game... but if ur characters are dying... going back to revive and then lvling up is ur only option.... though of course you could just go ahead and kill jinn... the gap of exp between ur characters will seem like nothing later in the game.

Phoenix Downs are not purchaseable in this game, and Raise is a level 5 spell, so you won't be seeing it for quite some time.

You could keep them KO'd, but I prefer not to, because I'm SO OCD.