Thread: Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit

Default Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit

Has anyone played it? I just played the demo. I may pick it up some time, since I only have one PS3 game so far. I laughed several times. xP I dunno, there's just something funny about the fact that I beat all of the saibamen with Yamcha and he still got blown up. xP

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Been playing the demo for a while, but I don't think I will get this game because it ends at the Cell Saga, and there are only like 20 characters.

I probably will wait until Burst Limit 3 comes out, unless Burst Limit 2 tempts me, but we'll see. Or maybe even the next Tenkaichi.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I played the demo also. Theres a good fighting game in there but unfortunately surrounded by the load of crap that is Dragon Ball. If they stripped away everything and left two manikins for us to fight with then maybe I could play the game.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Full game owner here. Haven't played the main game too much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Theres a good fighting game in there but unfortunately surrounded by [a] load of crap...
    Aside from the DBZ hate, I can agree that the fighting system itself (while barely different from the Budokai/Shin Budokai games) is pretty good. The presentation of the game, aside from the gorgeous graphics, is pretty sloppy though. You will see the same out-of-battle animations several times, with only the character models switched around. The lip-flap for speaking is more detailed in that their mouths do more than just open and close, but if you play in English it is horribly awkward. Even in Japanese, it's not exactly spot-on.

It's a better 'fighting game' than the Tenkaichi games, but the Tenkaichi games (especially on the Wii) are much much better 'Dragonball' games. Not just the amount of characters, but Tenkaichi just feels a lot closer to the over-the-top nature of Dragonball. Special moves in Burst Limit are a fairly static affair, while in Tenkaichi you are often treated to a rather exciting cut scene for certain attacks. It's fine for the more 'serious fighting' nature of Burst Limit, but if I wanted a more 'serious fighting' game I wouldn't be playing a DBZ game.

Even if the people who created this game are making Street Fighter 4.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I was thinking about getting it in the future since the commercials for it are so funny. So you all here have some pretty mixed opinions?

I think it's reached the point where the horrible Funimation dub has become an integral part of the Dragon Ball Z fandom. Raditz going "Darn it!" as he died in the demo was awesome. xP

I enjoyed the demo, but I've never played the Budokai games or anything. So I don't know what to compare it to. I haven't played a DBZ game since old SNES roms. I enjoyed the demo for a good source of old anime nostalgia, but I can't say I would pay sixty bucks for it :/

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I was thinking about getting it in the future since the commercials for it are so funny. So you all here have some pretty mixed opinions?
    The commercials *are* funny :P I used to use 'Kamehameha' as a motivational chant in my younger days...

I'd say get it if you're a fan and have an HDTV, cuz it looks awesome and plays well. There will likely be more of the games in the future, so you'd be safe if you skipped this one though. Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii is the best Dragonball action game so far though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Speaking of BBZ whnis that movie going to come ut? I haven't seen any ads for it yet I thought it was going to come out this summer?

It was delayed until next Spring.