Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FFTA2 First Impressions?

What I have found about MVP is pretty much what Sky is saying; my Viera and Moogle both have 3-5 pieces of MVP towerness while the rest have 2 or less. Heck, one is a red-mage/white mage and the other is a thief, so not doing as much.

Turn order, I first thought as "ghost" image of a charachter sometimes. Now I know that it is the place that the charachter will end up without doing anything. Not really helpful, but not really hindering either. But I agree with Roto, it is a large step for any tatical game i have played. Really been getting my manuevers pulled off nicely with that addition.

Beastmasters, I also noticed that changed. Meh, I only ever used them to up my Blue Mage, so indiffrence from here.

Really, I haven't seen much hindrance from the new MP system. Usually my mages aren't close enough to the enemy anyways (safely, i mean) until they have 20-30 MP. I guess they put it in so you couldn't just Illusionist it up like crazy from the start for an easy win?

Lastly, I found an easy way for Bazaar items, with little impact on your charachters. As long as you want to put in some time, just do the Clan Trials! You get clan privileges at every other rank (1,3,5) so what I did is just get all the clan priviliges that i could as soon as i could, (got about 10) and it opened up a ton of items for me. Might of just gotten lucky, but it might help some people out.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've gotten a bunch of the "secret" jobs that need to be unlocked. Here are the missions that give them.
    (SPOILER)
    Green Dominion - Green Mage (Viera)
    Kyrra, Dragoon - Dragoon (Bangaa)
    Knowing the Beast - Beastmaster (Nu Mou)
    The Goug Consortium - Fuisler (Moogle) (Fuisler is Gunner)
    Veis, assassin - Assassin (Viera)
    To be a Fighter - Fighter (Hume)
    Of Kupos and Cannons - Flintlock (Moogle)
    Popocho's Chocobo's - Chocobo Knight (Moogle) (Three Part Mission)
    The Eastwach - Parivir (Hume) (Parivir is Samurai)
    Lord Grayrl - Viking (Seeq)
    Banbanga - Master Monk (Bangaa)
    The Cats Meow - Seer (Hume)
    The Bangaa Brotherhood - Canoneer (Bangaa)
    The Nu Mou Nobles - Arcanist (Nu Mou)
    To be a Spellblade - Spellblade (Viera)
    Sleight of Hand - Trickster (Bangaa)

I want more gria jobs!

I don't care for Blue Mages, I only want one human on my team and I prefer them to be something of a Samurai/Hunter combo.
    My final team will probably be like
    Bangaa, Gria, Human, Moogle, Viera and the last is up for grabs. Probably a Nu Mou because I need some more Magic... but my Viera will be a Green Mage with White Mage abilities, and so my Nu Mou will probably be pure attack magic. Moogle will be something like Moogle Knight/Chocobo Knight, Human I already said, Bangaa, I'm not too sure yet, but I love how they're so strong and hard hitting. And Gria purely because they can fly lol

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I found a list of Blue Mage abilities.

They removed LV ? S-Flare. That means my perfect strategy no longer works. Pity.

They also removed LV 3 Def-Less, so there are now no level based Blue Magics. I wonder if they did this to avoid the problem of having some characters unable to get the abilities (ie: you get a new level 50 human in FFTA, they can never learn LV 3 Def-Less). Of course, since the new level max is 99, any character would be able to learn it anyway, even if you got them at level 99, but still, it's making me wonder if we are going to avoid the terrible problem of the limited time skills (Goblin Punch and Dragon Force would no longer be obtainable after completing certain missions).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

I got it today and I've played it for about an hour and a half. So far it seems like FFTA only better, which works for me. I loved FFTA. Next step, looking up a list of jobs online. :P
    Amen to that. It seems I am the only one who prefers TA to Tactics. Maybe that is now false?

I also like FFTA/2 moreso.

I'm a huge FFT/FFTA fan, haven't had much time to play the new one because I work.

Just wondering, what difficulty are you guys playing this game on? I started a file and thought "Well since I do just fine in FFT and FFTA I guess I'll start on hard, normal sounds boring."

So it IS pretty hard. The antlion boss just ANNIHILATED me. The one in the pearl hunting mission.

Hehe, I have been a little busy with other stuff so I haven't played much of this game, I need to get around to it. Anyways, I noticed the strategy guide isn't out yet. Oh well, I still have 30 hours left in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core!

Do you think Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is better than Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

been now playing the game for 2 to 3 hours. cant say i dislike it but...

i'm verry disapointed with the lack of links to the old ffta world. the only link i have found was mr randell from the library verry probably being mewt.

I feel they tried to link the game more to FFXII ivalice then to FFTA ivalice.

back to the point of mewt our library guy. I find it strange that he left the book wide open. it makes me think that he went back to ivalice. i have no evidence of this but maybe the mess in the library has been made by the book when mewt used it.

well thats it for now.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

The book was closed when Luso first enters the library, tailz.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Do you think Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is better than Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? :D
    Without a doubt.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Do you think Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is better than Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by theandychrist View Post
    I'm a huge FFT/FFTA fan, haven't had much time to play the new one because I work.

Just wondering, what difficulty are you guys playing this game on? I started a file and thought "Well since I do just fine in FFT and FFTA I guess I'll start on hard, normal sounds boring."

So it IS pretty hard. The antlion boss just ANNIHILATED me. The one in the pearl hunting mission.
    I'm on normal and yes, that was a hard mission. I ended up with two of my units reviving and healing throughout the mission, and I ignored the two smaller spiders.

I'm on the first fight with (SPOILER)Illia and she killed two of my units on the first turn. The hard part is she seals your judge when the battle starts, so no reviving people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    The book was closed when Luso first enters the library, tailz.
    damnit.

hoping i'd get to see at least one of the original cast.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

(SPOILER)Montblanc and Nono are there.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    Do you think Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is better than Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? :D
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by theandychrist View Post

I'm on normal and yes, that was a hard mission. I ended up with two of my units reviving and healing throughout the mission, and I ignored the two smaller spiders.

I'm on the first fight with (SPOILER)Illia and she killed two of my units on the first turn. The hard part is she seals your judge when the battle starts, so no reviving people.:(
    I guess I'll just have to drop everything and start levelling up like MAD. I'm just having ONE problem. I can't find a damn battle, i wandered from area to area (yes I actually went INTO one area, walked through it, to the little blue arrows, then into the next area.) and haven't found a single battle. I have to accept quess from the pub if I want any action. :| This is going to be tedious and cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    (SPOILER)Montblanc and Nono are there.
    If you go to the "official" website and view the characters page, it lists them, and a few others...

BTW nice avatar.

I'm playing on Hard, and it's just plain brutal at times. I'm hoping it gets easier when I can do some free missions and level my characters. Right now I basically have crappy skills, crappy jobs, and low levels, because I have no random free missions to do, like random monster hunts or whatever.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9