Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FFTA2 First Impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    I'm playing on Hard, and it's just plain brutal at times. I'm hoping it gets easier when I can do some free missions and level my characters. Right now I basically have crappy skills, crappy jobs, and low levels, because I have no random free missions to do, like random monster hunts or whatever.

THE JACKAL
    I know, it's not giving me ANY chance to develop my team, I have almost NOTHING to work with, and the laws only apply to you! If you start a match and the law is "NO HP RESTORATION" I'm smurfed because the enemy can heal themselves and I can't. :|

I just did a clan trial... The law was "No missing." I was like OH HELL NO. The enemy team was 6 fairies. FAIRIES. I had my white monk attack one from the side, he misses. The judge abandons me. The fairies ended up being pushovers though.

Also, at about 43 quests, the pubs don't have any more! I can't find a single one... I'm like... Completely screwed right now. :|

Still enjoying the game though. : p

I haven't found a seeq or a gria to join my clan, any ideas where/when I might be able to find one? I'd like to see what the new races are all about. I'm EXTREMELY pleased that a random red mage just joined my party, red mage is my FAVORITE class.

Seeq and Gria characters are incredibly rare. I've gotten two Seeqs and zero Gria. Apparently, though, the Seeqs appear more in the first continent and the Gria appear more in the second one, which explains why I haven't found one yet. I just got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Seeq and Gria characters are incredibly rare. I've gotten two Seeqs and zero Gria. Apparently, though, the Seeqs appear more in the first continent and the Gria appear more in the second one, which explains why I haven't found one yet. I just got there.
    need help getting Gria?
    For basic Gria units, you cannot recruit them until you get to the new continent, i.e. after the airship quest. Even though they appear in Zedlei Forest, these are the ADVANCED Gria classes; you cannot get them because you don't have a Gria yet, and those classes are (assumedly) still locked.

Gria - Emberleaf, Plumfrost
    Fluorgis - Hunter, Raptor
    Zedlei Forest - Ravager, Geomancer

For the mission it needs to be in the same months of Emberleaf and Plumfrost
    when you do the mission you get asked 4 questions
    Seeq/Gria
    AAAA Raptor
    AAAB Viking
    AABA Raptor
    AABB Viking
    ABAA Lanista
    ABAB Lanista
    ABBA Geomancer
    ABBB Geomancer
    BAAA Berserker
    BAAB Ravager
    BABA Berserker
    BABB Ravager
    BBAA Ranger
    BBAB Ranger
    BBBA Hunter
    BBBB Hunter

there, that should help. Oh and you can only get jobs you've already unlocked yourself.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I played a bit more tonight. I got to see the introduction of Adelle, the main female character. The reception on the forums for this game is pretty good. Anybody know why the strategy guide isn't out yet? What do you think of the music for this game?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

A lot of the music is from FFTA, but that's ok because a lot of everything is from FFTA. :P The new stuff is great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    I played a bit more tonight. I got to see the introduction of Adelle, the main female character. The reception on the forums for this game is pretty good. Anybody know why the strategy guide isn't out yet? What do you think of the music for this game?
    The strategy guide is out in a couple stores, though it's sold out in the few I know that carry it. Which is a shame, because I really want a bazaar guide.

The music is quite nice. There is little to no original music, just remixes of FFTA and FFXII music, but most of it works very nicely, so I don't really mind.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

There are a few missions that are giving me trouble now. There's one where you have to examine certain spots of the airship within a certain number of turns, but I'm not having any luck with it. I'm not fast enough. I'm going to have to come back once someone knows Hastega.

One that's really bugging me involves defending a pool of water from a clan. You lose if one of them enters the water. The problem is, two of them are Gria so they can just fly over your head.

I'm about 150 missions and 50 hours in. Still have a ways to go yet. Luso just mastered the Fighter class (it's pretty easy when you can dual-wield everything) and now I have him working on the Parivir class. After I master that, I guess Luso will be pretty much done. I might teach him some more Paladin skills for good measure.

man 50 hours? I only have like 16... my female counterpart is taking up basically all of my off work hours lol

It also doesn't help that I'm playing FFXII at the same time.

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    There are a few missions that are giving me trouble now. There's one where you have to examine certain spots of the airship within a certain number of turns, but I'm not having any luck with it. I'm not fast enough. I'm going to have to come back once someone knows Hastega.

One that's really bugging me involves defending a pool of water from a clan. You lose if one of them enters the water. The problem is, two of them are Gria so they can just fly over your head.

I'm about 150 missions and 50 hours in. Still have a ways to go yet. Luso just mastered the Fighter class (it's pretty easy when you can dual-wield everything) and now I have him working on the Parivir class. After I master that, I guess Luso will be pretty much done. I might teach him some more Paladin skills for good measure.
    A Moogle with Red Spring can be a big hand. Normally, I avoid Gadgeteers like the plague, but Red Spring was one of the abilities I mastered to get Juggler, and it can give you just the speed boost you need, especially at the start of a mission when you can just reload if it hits your enemies.

Can you hit them with Boulder Crush for immobilization?

I am on the mission just before the first auction, 42 missions in (17.25 hours, minus resets). Luso has gone mainly Soldier/Thief (level 20 right now). It's given him good speed, defense, and attack, though I have not yet gotten the Fighter job to train in (Mission that teaches it isn't unlocked). I also recently got my Assassin, though I have to say, I am loving the Viera classes. At some point I've used every Viera ability set I've unlocked, and been quite pleased with the results.

A high rank quest that took quite a bit of strategy to complete had a nice reward that wasn't in the quest reward list: the Sequencer. As with the Sequence in FFTA, it gives boosts to almost every stat, and gains power over time.
    (SPOILER)Took me a while to figure out, but it is every time you get an Opportunity Command, which makes for much faster growth than in FFTA.
    I can't wait to get the Peytral, Acacia Hat, and Sapere Aude.

My earlier issues with the Bazaar have pretty much vanished. It seemed a little unbalanced early on, but after ten to fifteen more missions, when I got a wider variety of loot items and could pick and choose what to unlock, it got much better.

The new quests and laws are really nice. The chain quests were really well written, and the laws are a lot more interesting and have a lot wider variety than in FFTA. The clan trials were also really well designed. Quite a challenge, but worth it, even though none of the new privileges are used nearly as much as the AP up I received in the beginning. 20 extra AP is insanely useful. Story quests give 80 AP, others give 30. An additional 20 from my privilege bumps the AP up to even multiples of 50, which is much nicer for learning abilities.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 07-06-2008 at 07:06 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Apparently there's a clan ability that doubles the amount of MP your party charges every turn. I've been meaning to get that at some point, but the clan trials are kind of a pain, I think. xP

Has anyone finished any tournaments yet? You get Espers for completing them. I just have Belias, so far. Tournaments seem to be few and far between.

If the Camoa tourney is any indication, they're only around for a month or two, and only in the city where the tourney is.

The cabin in the mountain lets you skip a few days (20, 60, or 200, depending on your choice of answer), if you want to cycle the months around.
    (SPOILER)Where you met Lezaford, but only after you meet him.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I currently have 2 espers, Belias and Zalera. You get Zalera from the quest series starting with "The first step" Mission

honestly, I'm just doing auctions, going and sleeping for 200 days, then doing more auctions. It's pretty easy to win once you get the hang of it, and after you master an area, they auction items. I've already gotten items like Excalibur from it, so it's definitely very useful.

THE JACKEL

After you accomplish something in the Auctions (I think it might be to use enough 5-coin tokens) you can buy more tokens at the beginning of the auction, including 5-coin ones. :P That makes them all pretty easy.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I control all the areas in my game.

To be able to buy coins you need to just play a certain number of auctions. Buying coins is almost required to win all of the areas in the goug auction because they only give you 3 of each coin. Using enough of each value tokens alows you to get a free token of each value at the beginning of the auction.

Also I have fallen in love with the seer job. Magick frenzy is fun to use with duel wielding.