Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FFTA2 First Impressions?

I have a Seer but I don't have Magick Frenzy. What does it do?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It lets you attack with a spell (Black, Illusionist, White except Raise/Arise, Blue, only Quake) and then follow up with a physical attack. It's kinda like Dualcast but with a physical attack. If you use it with Illusionist's spells you'll be able to magic/physical attack all enemies, so apparently it's pretty hax. My friend kept resetting at the auctions until he got the item that teaches it. xD

If you use it with Illusionist's spells you'll be able to magic/physical attack all enemies, so apparently it's pretty hax.
    Holy snaps. xP It's like the new Calculator or something. xD I'm looking forward to that because my Seer is also my Illusionist. :P

I've mastered some more jobs. Black Mage and Hunter. I guess that makes three jobs I've mastered now. :P

Yeah, Magic Frenzy is awesome. I've seen it, though I haven't gotten it yet. It costs zero MP, and follows up any spell hit with an attack from behind. I've heard that Dual Wield has been boosted to work with abilities (the way it did in FFT), so using it with Magic Frenzy means you get a spell hit and then two weapon hits.

Using it with Illusionist abilities means that you will be stuck using either Rods or Tomes, not the best physical weapons. And if you use Dual Wield, you'll have to find some way to get enough MP to keep up the pace.

(SPOILER)If you want to see Magic Frenzy in action, fight the Blue Mage King (quest availible after defeating the Red Mage King). He uses it constantly with Quake.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I want more of the missions where you don't actually have to fight anything to get AP, so I can level up all my characters in their classes. Though I'm also recruiting a total number of characters of each race so I can actually have all the kinds that I want, that I don't actually use. So I can get them to the appropriate class, then level them. Such as, I want a Bangaa Defender/Master Monk, and also a Bangaa Templar/Dragoon. So I have the one I use as a gladiator currently, and the one out of my party as a Bishop. Things like this.

I really am a perfectionist when it comes to games I really enjoy... though there's really no need for it in this game.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I'm starting to like this game more as I play it, although I am not super impressed by it still. I'm 8 hours and about 17 missions into this. It's annoying sometimes because in order to continue the story you have to accept a quest and complete it, but you don't know exactly which quest to accept. Adelle mentioned some quest for me to do in order to continue but I don't remember which it was, so I'll have to accept a few. Something like this happened before, I need some type of hint, I'll find out soon though. The strategy guide isn't available on Amazon.com now but I found one copy on Ebay and ordered it. Is there any drawback to selling loot? Should I sell everything or is there any reason to keep certain loot items for possible uses in another situation? The fitting rooms in the shops should have an optimize option.

How many hours do you think the game will take if I don't do too much quests and mastering of jobs? I want to finish this game within six weeks, so I can get started on Final Fantasy I(PSP). How many hours does the game take if I did all the missions(400 exactly right?) and did most of the mastering of the jobs and all the sidequests?

I should be able to finish Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core on Friday, and then I can focus more on FF Tactics A2, which is nice. I hope that Square Enix announces another Ivalice game. Probably next would be a PSP port of Vagrant Story, or maybe Vagrant Story 2. I'm suprised that FF Tactics A2 is so popular, I didn't expect this, it's a great game though!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

It's annoying sometimes because in order to continue the story you have to accept a quest and complete it, but you don't know exactly which quest to accept.
    It's the top one on the list. The one that doesn't have a time limit. :P

Is there any drawback to selling loot? Should I sell everything or is there any reason to keep certain loot items for possible uses in another situation?
    You should keep all of your loot for the Bazaar. Some quests need specific pieces of loot.

How many hours does the game take if I did all the missions(400 exactly right?) and did most of the mastering of the jobs and all the sidequests?
    Nobody has finished it yet. :P It appears to be incredibly long. Well over 100 hours.

Moogle

Roto13, this rules! !!!

Great! I'm liking this game more as I play through it more. I like these tips you sent me in your post. Okay I won't sell the loot just use it for the Bazaar, which I haven't used yet. I wish we had more people on here from Japan who spoke Japanese and beat the original versions of the games. So we can find out how great and how long and how popular all these games are. We can find out in advance how ultimate Final Fantasy XIII is going to be.

At the moment I'm hoping that the battles speed up, everybody's damage they do is not high, it takes a while to win. I want to see the second week sales of the game, the first week has 60k, nice!

Will Final Fantasy IV(DS) be more popular than FF Tactics A2?

EDIT:
    I noticed that sometimes at the top of the screen I see a picture of Luso's magical journal. It sometimes has words that appear in it suddenly as you go through the story. This I believe shows me what percentage of the main quest I have finished. I have finished 60% of the first of the two pages. So I'm 30% done overall with the main quest maybe? I'm 9 hours into the game and finished around 19 missions. It appears that this game is like Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core in the fact that the main quest is short but the side quests are extremely long. As far as "side quests" go, FF VII: CC has 300 missions which can be repetitive and not interesting enough, and average 7-10 minutes long. FF Tactics A2 has 400 quests which are a bit less repetitive and a bit more interesting, but probably are going to average 15-20 minutes in length. I played an hour today of this game, but I'll play more, I'm getting more into this game, partially because it appears that I am going through the main quest fast. Maybe I can finish this game by the end of the month!
    Last edited by Dragonsoul; 07-09-2008 at 04:12 AM.
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

I have about a page and two thirds finished in the book and I don't see how they can possibly wrap up the story by the end of the second page, especially since I'm about to do what appears to be a filler quest. :P

(SPOILER)Ezel Berbier made a couple of appearances. I was so happy. xP I love Ezel.

I'm pretty excited. I finished my "homework" of 9-10 missions in FF VII: CC tonight to get 50% of the 300 missions done in that game. The next three days I'll finish the other side quests and the game I hope. But in the meantime I'll hope to play a couple more hours of FF Tactics A2 tonight. It's interesting how I've been to what appears to be 60% of the areas in the world already after 9 hours. Roto13, that area in the top left with those ancient ruins, do you think that's an area that's going to have the final side quests or something, or something kinda like Necrohol of Nabudis and Nabreus Deadlands from Final Fantasy XII?
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Also, Dragon, watch the side of the book. Every five quests, you'll get a new bookmark stuck in the side of the grimoire. You'll get up to nine of those before they're replaced by a little statue as a reward for completing fifty quests.

Roto:
    (SPOILER)I doubt that filling the book will end the story. According to Lezaford, filling the book will unlock its full power, but the last boss fight and final story missions will likely not occur until after that.

I just obtained the Peytral. Since most armors don't have abilities anyway, and can be equipped by a greater variety of classes then Knightswords can (especially since some races [including Viera, apparently] can learn the "Tank" ability that lets any class wear heavy armor), it will be sitting on one of my characters all the time.
    (SPOILER)Defeating the Blue King grants the Peytral, and once you find his weakness, he is absurdly easy. Quake takes at least 12 MP. Just use Rend MP on him to keep him at zero, and you should keep him from ever using it, which means no Magick Frenzy.

About to try the Camoa cup again, but I really hate the law on that one.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

What law is it again? I did that quest and I don't remember having any trouble with the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    What law is it again? I did that quest and I don't remember having any trouble with the law.
    it's either no magic, or no area attack. I haven't done it in awhile so I don't remember.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Cannot use MP.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What exactly is the special effect of Sequencer and Peytral? All it says in the description is "attack/defense increases under certain conditions". What are these conditions?

Well, now that I (SPOILER)defeated the Red and Blue Kings, maybe I can attempt General Training II again. I actually put whatever on my units and managed to beat Blue King on my first try. I actually managed to nab some nice loot with Adelle and Luso while my other guys attacked him from afar with Moogle Lance/Air Render. It was pretty awesome seeing them get owned with Magick Frenzy, I didn't think about that Rend MP thing. He casts Quake, then double attacks everyone who gets hit. xD Thankfully he just used up most of his turns using that "Reveal Weakness" skill that lowers your defense. I just had Adelle throw weapons at him because it did more damage than anything else I had to use. O_o