Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: FFTA2 First Impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Yea I think people like FF T A2 more than FF T A. I haven't played FF T A2 or FF I(PSP) for a week or two, I've lost some interest since I'm not too interested in them and I'm more interested in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Texas Hold'em right now.

This thread hasn't gotten a post in ten days, did everybody finish the game already or lose interest?
    Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    I don't ever dispatch, I'd rather do every mission, even those where you just show up and give them an item. I want more story!

THE JACKAL
    Amen.

First imressions of TA2...

Graphics- Least important part of a game imo, but still part of the game. They are certainly a step-up from TA, and I'm glad they didn't try to make a half-assed 3d game just cuz they could *coughFFIIIcough* I like how much more innovative the graphics are (ie, every character who aids your party has an alternate face-picture of otherwise generic jobs, enemies can take up more than one space on the grid, etc.) Overall, better than TA (obviously) but the face pictues still somewhat annoy me. [7/10]

Plot- I'm not very far in (only about 5-6 story missions) but from what I can tell the story is somewhat simpler than the already simple plot of TA. You play as Luso, a student who one day finds a book that (SPOILER)takes him to the world(?) of Ivalice. He has to fill out a magic journal to return homebut at the same time, seems more complex in some cases, especially character depth. Like I said, I'm not in far yet, but Cid and Adelle both seem to have some complication to them. [7/10]

Gameplay- Here we go. TA was always known for it's strategic gameplay (perhaps even more that Tactics itself) and from what I can tell, TA takes it to a whole new level. TA, as innovative as the species-specific jobs and the controversal law system were, was still a fairly straightforward game. Kill the baddies using your skills and weapons you've acquired thus far. (Actually, that sounds like all Final Fantasies in a nutshell : P) TA2 has TONS of diversity in it's missions. Simple missions such as delivering items to various NPCs (which are nothing more than humorous cutscenes, but still appreciated) gathering necessary ingredients for a recipe, protecting people who seem to be unable to do anything but hide in the corner of the screen, and more. Needless to say, the strategy from Tactics and TA carries over to form, imo, the best Tactics game (gameplay wise) thus far. [10/10]

Music- Not much to comment on. Mostly just arranged versions of music from Tactics, TA, and XII. Fortunately, all those games had very good soundtracks. [9/10]

Overall- This is a good game, and one of the few where I can pick it up at almost any time (another example of such a game being TA) and definately worth it. And yes, Dragoons still kick ass. [35/40]

Quote Originally Posted by KH-Cloudy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Yea I think people like FF T A2 more than FF T A. I haven't played FF T A2 or FF I(PSP) for a week or two, I've lost some interest since I'm not too interested in them and I'm more interested in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Texas Hold'em right now.

This thread hasn't gotten a post in ten days, did everybody finish the game already or lose interest?
    Probably both.
    didn't finish the game, not even close... far from finishing all the missions, only have 150... and still haven't finished the story. Secondly, I've been playing FFIV DS, trying to juggle two girls and figure out which one to be with... and working... all before school starts in a week. So yeah

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9