Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FFTA2 First Impressions?

RLOGAJOIGJEROJEROS

I post quick reply and it sends me to a blank page with tribal fusion.

eoprajgiofjsids might as well type it again D:

Yes, you should.

It can be quite a time killer

Anyways, I finished the game today with about 46 hours in and 110 quests done. With Luso as Parivir/Fighter, Illusionist/BlackMage(black magick became useless), WhiteMage/Summoner, Cid/Warrior, Adelle/Ninja, WhiteMonk/Dragoon(I thought jump would work, turned out it couldn't and didn't want to change the ability) All Characters except for Cid & Adelle were in their early 50's.

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU FINISHED THE GAME

(SPOILER)For the ending, I thought it would be a little different because before the final battle, Adelle was crying because Luso would be gone after the fight. So, I thought maybe before Luso goes, she'd hug him or say something to him and try to make him stay, but he'd still end up going home. (Kind've like FFX ending) and I was surprised Vaan and Penelo didn't say anything during the end.

EDIT: I found my other post above this..and I deleted it. And again, it sent me to a tribal fusion page. >.>

Pro-Tip for Adelle.

(SPOILER)I didn't know this until today, but apparently to get Adelle's Heritor weapons, you have to master the last Heritor ability you got. That's when the new Notices appear in the pub.

I don't know how many of her Missions I have left to do. At least one. Probably two, judging by how close she is to mastering her class.

One other mission I know I'm missing is the one after Wanted: Mutadragons. (A4, second column, fourth row.) Anyone know how to make that one appear?

Just tried doing one of the Clan Trials, rules to complete the trial were Uphold the Law, Cannot use any Ranged abilities, kill the 2 Mobs...

seemed pretty simple. Until one of the Mobs Mind Controlled/Charmed one of my party members and they cast an AoE silence.... Law Violation... clan trial failed....

DS gets turned off.

before that game seemed to be going pretty well. Managed to trade mats for this nice Healing staff at the Bazaar for my White Mage. Still need to get my main dude some more Soldier Abilities to round out his class; but having trouble getting gear with Skills compatible with my current Characters classes to drop but I'm still early on in the game about 10 hours in... so we'll see how it goes later on.

Yea the clan trials cheat horribly They seem easy but they never are. If the rule is no ranged abilities don't use any people that has any of them

They cheat with charm.

So failing any quest(esp. clan trials because I keep thinkin' they're easy.) are a pain and makes me not want to play it for a while.

I just did my 300th quest. :P

(SPOILER)During the Adelle quests, you have to fight this brand new monster in a volcano. The last Wanted: Mark sidequest is another version of the monster, this time in a snow field. After you beat it, there's a notice in the pub, the notes of the person who created both of the monsters. Wander around a bit and you get the second volume of the notes. This one mentions that he actually made a third monster that runs on water, so I'm expecting to find that at some point. The last one was pretty tough, though, and my characters are all pretty close to level 99. :P

I also got an invitation to a tournament. I saved right next to it so I'll do that later today. The game doesn't end at 300 quests, it seems. :P

Do you have more than 300 quests on the report?

And, no sign of a secondary plot yet (just say if there is, don't spoil it)?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Well I just finished the game, got some notices, and saved it. :P I don't know if there's another plot yet. We'll see.

The next quest I'm next to has a red exclamation point, though, and those don't end up on your quest report if I'm not mistaken.

it's like FFTA 1, there are more quests, but it only says, "300" quests. And only 300 get marked down in that grid I believe. But just like the first game, there's more after you've done all of them.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

(SPOILER)So that tournament is called something like "The Last Mission" or whatever, so there may not be anything after that. Remember the monster I mentioned from that guy's notes? Well I got the third Notes notice and apparently it exploded. xP

Jesus Christ that tournament is cheap. Doctored stats much? My characters are all pretty close to level 99. There's no reason everyone should be able to move twice before I get to move once.

The first bout (of five) was against the Five Kings again, this time they were all level 99. I managed to win that one. (My characters got so much EXP, Hurdy actually leveled up twice.) I lost the second bout, vs. some guys I've never heard of. They killed my party before I got a chance to move. Not much I can do about it when my characters are already in their high 90s.

So yeah. I'm not doing that again. There's a difference between being challenging and being cheap. I'm just going to restart the game on hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    So, do you guys think I should purchase this game or not? It sounds like your first impressions are mixed reactions, I want a solid answer; yes or no?
    Quick review after 20+ hours...

Story: 7
    -The story isn't too interesting, but it's kinda good sometimes, nothing important
    Characters: 7
    -Same thing goes for the characters so far, they aren't up to par of something like Final Fantasy VI
    Graphics - 8
    -This game was originally being made to go on Gameboy Advance, then they switched to Nintendo DS I hear. Maybe I'm incorrect but I'm not excited about most of the graphics, some are good though.
    Music - 8
    -The music has some good stuff, but nothing super special.
    Controls - 9
    -There's a problem with the battle camera, you can't rotate it or tilt it or zoom in. Also, without a zoom in feature, that means you don't use the stylus at all since it's difficult to select stuff.
    Battle System - 9
    -Great stuff but there's a problem compared to Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. The battles take a long time to beat. This is because your characters don't do enough damage and also can't move many spaces in a move. That's what I've experienced so far.
    Side Quests - 10
    -There's a lot of stuff you can do, nothing extremely ultimate like Final Fantasy XII or The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but the proper amount of side quests for this type of game I think.
    Overall: On track for a 8/10 score. I think the game has some great stuff but often seems to have flaws and it's super special to me. I felt the same about Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core earlier this year.

8/10 is a great score, but people's scores will range from 5/10 to 8/10. I recommend you rent this game, then decide. I hear it's an improvement over Final Fantasy Tactics Advance(which I haven't played). I liked Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings(9.5/10) and Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions(10/10) more.

Roto13, what's your comment on this quick preliminary review? ?!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

battles are quick and easy for me now. Literally I can wipe out entire missions before the enemy moves... and this is on hard. So... it doesn't always drag that way. I think the story is trash though, thankfully I'm not playing it for that.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

How come the battles are fast for you?! Please give me your secret.

At the moment I've taken a break from playing FF I and FF Tactics A2. I've been overloaded on Final Fantasy and Japanese rpg's. Right now I want to focus on getting money together to upgrade my pc and play Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion! Eventually I'll add Starcraft 2 and Final Fantasy XIII to that list. I hope that it will come out for pc! !
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Hahha, so many Final Fantasies to play.

FFIV, FFTA2(Quests), and finished up FFXII:RW

The battles get faster because you get stronger. :P That's really all there is to it. Though there are a couple of battles where being strong makes it take forever. xP I think I mentioned the battle with the unlimited Mimics. You have to survive for three rounds or something. The thing is, you can one-hit KO them with pretty much any character. My Seer could kill all of them at once. When they respawn, they get a turn, so they all act (and do almost no damage) and you just slaughter them all again and again. I got an assload of loot for it, though.