Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Espers in FFXII

Blog Entries

i never used any of the summons exept zodiark but i did like how they were placed in the plot, but then again this is the first final fantasy game i only used magic a few times i beat the hole main story only using attack

Seemed like a bigger pain keeping the esper and summoner alive than a normal party.

I split them up evenly (with 3 to Vaan) my first playthrough, but I'm thinking I might just dump them on Penelo this next time.

In X perhaps I was more cautious with them than other players, but I never really had a problem with the Aeons dying easily, so for me they came off as extremely over-powered spells that made things too easy...so I purposely limited my use of them.

IX I didn't think the eidolons were terribly useful compared to other combat options and rarely used them. VIII I used the Guardian Forces probably the most of any FF summons--they were a pretty mindless but reliable way of doing things. I also liked that equipping them conferred various abilities to your characters. The only other game I recall using them often was IV when I had Rydia.

Blog Entries

I think another probably the main reason i didnt use the summons was you had a choice. either use a summon or a quickening and 95% of the time it seemed like a good quickening chain would be much more usefull

oh my. i just have beaten adrammelech before entering giruvegan. now i tried to train a bit more till lvl 46(current 44) to beat shemahazai without quickenings/summons/beserk. i have 2 fomalhauts since a little while and now i am gonna kick his ass.