Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: player survey

I love FFVIII--in large part because of what I felt was a cohesive, well-developed world that, even discounting the main characters, was interesting. Most, if not all of the locations in the world had stories of their own, and had hooks and scenes that shows that there was mroe to them than simply a place for Squall and company to visit. It had history, and it showed.
    -Q

VIII was my introduction to the FF series, and even after playing all the other titles it's still my personal favourite, although the flaws of the game have become more apparent with each playthrough.

The main plus points for me are the graphics, music, cutscenes, and triple triad. The story for the most part is absorbing, although the plot twists did take awhile to accept. The junctioning system was mostly enjoyable too, but at times it can get cumbersome, especially when switching between different characters. I also think the rest of the playable characters should have been developed much more, especially Quistis who after the first few hours of the game is barely involved in any meaningful way again. Considering there was only six to choose from in the first place, it was a little lazy from the writers to neglect them so much.

The R=U and other conspiracy theories are fun to read as well, I like the fact that VIII has so many hardcore fans who think so deeply about the plot to come up with these theories.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought it was a great game, story, gameplay, graphics and music wise.

I check out the forum b/c every now and then a decent discussion thread gets started and other than that there's plenty of entertaining light-hearted threads to pass the time, too.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

I lost my FFVIII. But I'm still gonna play it. I still haven't completed a perfect game yet.(does not include PocketStation available only items)

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I think FFVIII features one of the most poorly developed plots and casts of characters in the series.

I also think it has a pretty damn spiffin' battle system as well as some rockin' mini-games (specifically the Triple Triad). The only FF title I've replayed more than FFVIII is FFIX. It's one of the few games I've ever played where the gameplay makes up for its other faults.

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

FFVIII is my favorite out of them all and also the first FF I ever played and bought. I liked the characters more than the characters from other games and I liked the storyline and battle system more as well. The only thing that can be done to improve it is if it was remade with voice acting. That would be soooooo cool.

Blog Entries

It was the first FF I've played for the psx, so I have awesome memories about this game, I think I was 5 when I played it for the first time.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

What's the matter, chicken wuss - swatting flies?

Frickin' Hell!

FF8 was my first FF and still remains one of my all time favorites to this day. Junctioning, Triple Triad, the music, and the GFs were all awesome. The battle system is a nice refreshment from the usual MP and equipment setups. I loved the GF abilities and the fact that they were more of a tool to make your characters stronger than weapons to be used in battle. It was just the general uniqueness of FF8 compared to the other games in the series that made me enjoy it so much.

I love this game.
    That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

arise within you

I know that VIII isn't known to be the best game in the series, but (sigh)...I love the game. This is also the board I watch over the most on EoFF.

Disc four scares me, though. Ultimecia's castle gives me the chills.
    i am a meteor mixed with holy.

Final fantasy has one of my favorite character advancement systems of any FF as well as some of the best side quests and mini-games,
    <333 it
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

*Likes*

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

*shrug* i had difficulty with the junctioning.. probably took me half and hour to plan for a difficult boss fight, then i wouldn't bother touching it till i get KO'ed along the way..

But what i do rmb while i was at it.. was the Triple Triad.. probably wasted half my gametime playing that xD

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~