Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: player survey

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cookie player survey

I just want to find out what kind of people check out the ff8 forum pretty often. If you see this thread and don't mind or like to play ff8, please respond. This can be as simple as a "." or an essay on the matter.

If you hate ff8 or have not seen this thread, then please do not reply. Any negative posts will be taken as a nonreply because they will be deleted 8)

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like FFVIII, but I always find that my enjoyment drops after the first two discs. Put simply, I really enjoyed the storyline around Garden and fighting the evil Sorceress who has taken over another country. While there was the "oh man we were all at school together" twist that I don't like, I find that it's probably less annoying than some of the twists on the final two discs are. Never found the characters that special. Music is fantastic and - I must admit - when I first played it at about 11 or 12, I did find it pretty cool, but less so now. Probably one of my least favourite entries in the series, but still a very good game.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

or have not seen this thread

???
    and how could you reply if you havent seen the thread? lol

I don't really like FFVIII but I don't really hate it either. I have no problem playing it again to pass the time though. I honestly just come here for the conspiracy threads because... well that's all that exists here. Forum wise, that's really the only thing it has to offer because overall FFVIII seems to present the .. uhh.. least lacking of making sense out of all the games, therefore being the most able to make threads based off completely nonsense and speculation.

Honestly though, the threads about the various theories make me wanna play the game less, because I can't take it seriously.

That's my thoughts on FFVIII and the FFVIII forum.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the game, even though I may criticise some aspects of it now and then. It's a neat story with an interesting cast of characters, and some fun challenges and innovative gameplay - what more could one want?

Blog Entries

well... I like FF8. I like triple triad. I like junctioning. I like the gameplay. I HATE THE STORY! I really dont like the love part of the story line or the part where thay say "the gfs are making us forget everything". This game would have been very good if they would have just put a good story in it.

Blog Entries

Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I recently bought a new copy of FFVIII because one of the discs broke. That's the only time I've ever rebought a game.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I love Final Fantasy VIII.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

FFVIII is my favorite in the regular FF series (next only to FFT). I love almost everything about the game: the heroes, the villains, the monsters, the world design, GFs, junctioning, and Triple Triad. I have minor issues with the plot and the SeeD ranking system.

Final fantasy VIII is alright. It's lacking in some areas like the battle system and story, but I love the characters and the soundtrack.

Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite from the PSX generation, and ranks very high in my arrangement of my favorites. The junction system is well thought-out, and not as cumbersome as lazy people make it out to be. I loved the story; I've seen it analyzed more than any other Final Fantasy.

It frustrates me VII fanboys say "VIII sucks junctioning is too hard, why isn't Cloud in it kissing Sephiroth, wah wah wah." I hated VII for the longest time, then I made myself sit through it. I came to realize that "hey, it's not that bad." It still isn't my favorite (I rank it second worst), but it's not a bad game, and I could definitely see playing it again in the short future.

Maybe when I'm done playing through VIII again.

I think VIII had elements that people either loved or hated. I enjoyed the battle system and triple triad. I also enjoyed the story, while conceding that there are areas where it could be improved.

Some of the conspiracy theories here are absolutely awesome. How people can think of something so obscure based on one or two lines is amazing.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

FFVIII was my first Final Fantasy and my second favorite n.n

Funny how my friends at school only like FFVIII and my friends online like FFIX

I just love this game , FFVIII is my favorite FF .