Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WALL•E

Tongue

At last, an all-ages movie that doesn't stink of gooey American Hollywood moralty...I haven't seen it yet but it looks absolutely adorable. I think it's showing here next week...
    I definately shall see it after reading your comments! (my boyfriend had his doubts about it, haha.)
    Last edited by White Queen; 07-08-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: grammar

YAY!

So, here's my sad Wall-E story! As we saw last time I was going to pay for my sister and her family so they would take me to see it, needless to say her husband worked so they couldn't go then.
    Well, I was in the process of moving up until 2 days ago. Basically, since I didn't have my house fully packed, I couldn't go with them to see Wall-E on Sunday because I had to pack my house.

Worst punishment ever BY FAR!

But then today! My mom came home for lunch and asked me if I wanted to see a movie! At first I was like "Nah that's okay" but then I was like "WTF AM I THINKING?!" and then said "I WANNA SEE WALL-E!!!!"

YAYAYAYAYAY~ We're going to go see Wall-E at 6:20 tonight. I DON'T THINK ANY ONE CAN FATHOM MY EXCITEMENT.

I'll post my thoughts on it later..

I'm just super freaking excited, it's been a VERY long time since a movie just made me motivated and running off energy of PURE HAPPINESS.

Edit: BEST FREAKING MOVIE EVER!
    Seriously, I loved that movie, I could prolly see it 6 ot 7 more times and still be just as pleased with it.
    Last edited by Avarice-ness; 07-12-2008 at 02:38 AM.

I've just booked my ticket for it, after work on Saturday. I can't wait!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wall-E is wonderful. I spent the entire day after watching it saying 'Wall-E' in his li'l Wall-E voice. I enjoyed the movie muchly.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Well this movie isn't being released in my country till mid september so i'm downloading it now. But rest assured, i will see this in the cinemas.

Sounds cute, but the kid in me has gone bye-bye...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    <-- Take it from my little friend to the left.
    Do not lose your braincells!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Shockingly, you don't have to be a kid to appreciate a good story with amusing comedy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomZOMBIE View Post
    Sounds cute, but the kid in me has gone bye-bye...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Shockingly, you don't have to be a kid to appreciate a good story with amusing comedy.
    Agree'd. Not only that but depending on how old some kids are seeing it, they won't understand the point of the movie -at all-.

My 9 year old neice really only got the *spoiler tag for safety* (SPOILER)the point where we need to recycle and what not but she didn't get the point about (SPOILER)people being fat and lazy and drinking things out of cups, being mezmerized by the TV(and other technological things) and not being able to see the beauty of the what's around you, how instead of traditional dating, e-dating is a popular thing (when the guy and the girl (forgot their names) touched they instantly liked each other, because while she had constantly been saying how her holodating was always horrible, she had never touched someone else to get that "click" or chemistry between her and another person) and how overall, all of this is corrupting human kind, not only the trashing the earth bit, but relying on technology to do everything and just being lazy.

My three year old neice didn't get -any- of it, all she cared about was seeing Wall-E. The parents in the audience were moved of course, but there are some things that the movie gets at that you would have to have some understanding to be able to see what it's talking about.

From what I read, sure, it's a subject of interest, but let's say it's a Pixar movie, and I'm a bit too jaded to enjoy positivity in "children's movies".

Final Fantasy 7

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomZOMBIE View Post
    From what I read, sure, it's a subject of interest, but let's say it's a Pixar movie, and I'm a bit too jaded to enjoy positivity in "children's movies".
    Just watch it.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It was a fantastic film. I loved it. I wasn't expecting that much from it at first, but I really enjoyed it. It was much more moving than I imagined, I genuinely felt very sad during some of the misadventures that befell WALL-E. Been a long time since I've cared so much about a protagonist in a film as I did whilst watching that ridiculously cute robot this evening.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

Here it just comes in 18th August but me and my friends will for sure watch it!Wall-e looks so damn cute ^^

WTF?
    On my birthday?
    Whatever, I'll wait until my sis gets it on DVD.
    -Succumbs to the will of people.-

Final Fantasy 7

I don't know exactly what you mean by "positivity", but some elements of Wall-E actually paint a pretty bleak picture for the future of mankind. And not like some typically post-apocalyptic film where disaster strikes and billions die. More like an actual possibility of just where our path as a race could take us. Quite a mature theme and well over the heads of any children in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Chzn8r View Post
    I don't know exactly what you mean by "positivity", but some elements of Wall-E actually paint a pretty bleak picture for the future of mankind. And not like some typically post-apocalyptic film where disaster strikes and billions die. More like an actual possibility of just where our path as a race could take us. Quite a mature theme and well over the heads of any children in the audience.
    Agree'd. But the positivity part comes from the idea that the humans in the movie were able to recognize their faults and come together at the end to fix what they've done and rebuild the world for the better.
    Really, it's the idea of that most people think that they can't make a difference currently, clearly that mind set is what continued and caused the world that existed at the beginning of Wall-E, but by the end they realized that even one person can make a difference and change everything for the better, essentially, more people can make an even bigger difference!