Thread: Sage

Default Sage

One of the last jobs in FF III (DS) is Sage, a better version of Redmage (thaty´s what my brother told me).

But Sage can cast both White magic and Black magic (all levels) so the question is: Why even have Devout and Magus???

Sage can cast both White and Black magic (all 8 levels) BUT you get the Sage the same time as Devout and Magus.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh really? I got warlock(magus), shaman(devout) and summoner when I found the earth crystal, but no ninja or sage.

From what I heard they nerfed Sage in the DS version, but I'm unfamiliar with it. Sages in the NES version were basically the ultimate mage, with the highest MP and able to cast all the spells, white, black, and summoning. It was the ultimate mage able to cast Bahamut, followed by Holy, then ending with a Meteo and still being able to heal after all that.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Rubah: My brother disagree. But maybe your right, I don´t know.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LXX View Post
    Rubah: My brother disagree. But maybe your right, I don´t know.
    maybe they changed it for the DS?

Blog Entries

In the DS you get the sage with the earth crystal, but the sage is slower than almost any enemy in the game, including the final boss. I think the sage's agility is 19...

Remember, the Sage is optional in the NES version for those who don't want to go to Eureka. (Even though it's probably impossible to beat The Cloud of Darkness without some insane leveling without going there.)

In the DS version, the Sage is a piece of skullskullskullskull, he's slower than The Cloud of Darkness, has far less MP, and cannot use High Summons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamagon View Post
    Remember, the Sage is optional in the NES version for those who don't want to go to Eureka. (Even though it's probably impossible to beat The Cloud of Darkness without some insane leveling without going there.)
    Level 54-ish and I did just fine. Granted half my party died, but meh still won.
    This space intentionally left blank.