Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandemonium, You're Not Alone

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Pandemonium, You're Not Alone

I just revisited my most favorite scene of my most favorite game today. The event where You're Not Alone plays is truly touching, I only have to say that they could've transitioned the scene a little more smoothly. The ending battle of that scene where you're about to be crushed with 1HP remaining and Garnet savin you just in time was phenomenal. I was also wondering about that monteryou fought with Freya and Amarant. Every time that I go through that part of the game, I've never seen that monster show up again in a random battle. That's odd

i agree
    its totaly feckin awesome

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I can't remember what the monster is off the top of my head. What's it called?

I must admit, that as much as I love that bit, I've always preferred the bit just after that. The whole showdown between Garland, Zidane and Kuja. Excellent stuff. Probably my favourite part of the game.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Shell Dragon. My brother calls it "Snortsface" We just did that a few hours ago.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Naw the one I was talking about was a flying horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I just revisited my most favorite scene of my most favorite game today. The event where You're Not Alone plays is truly touching, I only have to say that they could've transitioned the scene a little more smoothly. The ending battle of that scene where you're about to be crushed with 1HP remaining and Garnet savin you just in time was phenomenal.
    QFT

The music is amazing.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Not surprised you haven't seen the Shell Dragon in a random battle, because it only appears in Pandemonium and not with much consistency. IIRC, the only difference between the mandatory battle (besides stats) is that it learns Snort, making it even more annoying. =p

It always touches my heart that part of the game, even if Zidane calling Vivi a little brat just before it was a little cruel. Steiner and Quina's part is probably my favourite out the lot, although to be honest any scene with Steiner in it is a favourite of mine.

I believe it's Amdusias that you fight in Pandemonium with Freya and Amarant. It's one of only two battles with it in the entire game IIRC, the other being in the Treno equipment shop in disc three.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

This is one of my favourite parts of the game, where everyone bands together to essentially drag Zidane back out of the depression he's entered. The music as mentioned is excellent, it's one of those 'punch the air' moments.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

My favorite scene in entire FF series...

Zidane drows in his own depression...

and his friends comes and saves him

=(
    You don't need a reason to help people - Zidane (FFIX)

Articles
    Blog Entries

"Great Moments in FF History" would have to cover this scene, the music and story in it were great. One of the great ways in which IX used the battle screen to progress the story. That's one of the main qualms I have with XII's system, honestly.

The pandemonium music is the best music nobou uematsu has ever made.

Not gonna slag off the scene like I always do (nobody has ever been able to turn me around and I don't feel like returning the favour anyway) but the music is indeed fantastic. I loved Pandemonium's music as well.

The whole soundtrack to FFIX is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    The whole soundtrack to FFIX is perfect.
    Yeah, I think its the game with the best soundtrack overall.
    I can only remember two tunes I didnt like, and those are the "ipsens castle" music, and the music in madain sari.

This is definitely my favourite scene in the game, mostly because of the music, which I'm listening to right now.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow