Thread: Homemade Halloween Costumes

Default Homemade Halloween Costumes

It's not close to Halloween yet, but a while back my brother and I made this awesome costume. We both worked so hard on it and it was worn to every costume related occasion. Although I'm not in this picture, I take credit for custom fitting the chainsaw, and basically finding all the clothes and what not, and introducing him to one of my favorite films.

Sure you can buy your crappy Spider Man suit costume at your local i-party, but where's the fun in that.

What's the best Halloween costume you've ever made.... or bought from a store you lazy bastard?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3 Ash

I usually make all my costumes because store bought ones suck
    Last year I went as a Harajuku Girl

I'm trying to convince PG to be Rossario so I can go as Karen from Will & Grace.
    But if that doesn't work I think I'll go as Peggy Bundy.

Boldly go.

Blog Entries

I like how Gwen "BANANAS" Stefani is taking credit for Harajuku Girls now.

I went to a party as Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 2. Sadly I have no pics, I'll have to get hold of an old friend for them.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

I've actually never dressed up or went out on Halloween before.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

None of these are for Halloween but: My mum and I usually put my costumes together. I've only been to a few fancy dress parties where I've actually bought/rented a costume.

My friends seem to always throw fancy dress parties and it's too much of a pain to spend so much monies on costumes, and it's more fun to make them.

My mum made me a "pink" "Pebbles" from the Flinstones costume for a P Party I went to for Christmas.

If I am lazy and/or don't have the money resources to make/buy/rent a costume I go as a cat. but that's only happened twice.

when I was younger my mum made me an 'Ice queen' costume. It was amazing. I got into the local newspaper in a picture because of it. ;o

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd like to make my own costume. Most ideas I have are too intricate to make easily though. I have trouble coming up with simple stuff that I like

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

i think I might get the hippie costume out this halloween.

My halloween costume last year was store bought ($40 Target) but it was so worth it. Pictures of both are in my photo album here.

also stu is lying through his teeth; he did a donnie darko outfit last year that didn't cost him a dime.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    also stu is lying through his teeth; he did a donnie darko outfit last year that didn't cost him a dime.
    I guess in a sense you're right, I just didn't count it sense technically the skeleton part was still store bought... at some point.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No. Pretty sure dad just brought that home from hallmark with the rest of the stuff he got when he worked there.