Thread: !Rapid Fire, Two Handed, and Dual Wield

Default !Rapid Fire, Two Handed, and Dual Wield

Nothing new in the territory of Final Fantasy 5, but I feel it worth asking. What happened to Two Handed? It seemed so awesome in the beginning but now it ALMOST seems as if it's doing less damage with higher strength and higher attack power weapons than it did back when I had wimpy stuff and was trying to buff it as high as possible with Two Handed. I literally feel like my Two Handed hits did 100 or 200 more damage earlier than they are doing now - not just talking about a decrease in damage percentage here. At any rate, I got rapid fire with Bartz so I've been comparing Rapid Fire damage (with Two Handed) to just straight Two Handed, perhaps plus Barehanded for strength, and the difference is absurd!
    Rapid Fire does (uncritted) 168~188 per each of the 4 hits, 352~376 for each crit. My damage totals for a single use were between 872 and 1068 (all done on the same mob, a Chimera in the desert there). Obviously my characters are pretty low still, they're only level 22. It just seems absurd that a Two Handed hit with Barehanded for strength doesn't even do half that, when in theory 4 1/2 hits should == 2 full hits. I'm guessing it's even better with Dual Wield and !Rapid Fire, seeing as I don't have a single character with both yet. Does this disparity in damage make Rapid Fire seem a little OP to anyone else?

HEY guess who's an idiot!? I still had my guys on back row from levelling as Rangers for !Rapid Fire. Nice.

Blog Entries

Default haha get them in the front row.

I always use great swords without the two hands, but I use two spears and it looks cool. Keep in mind the bare job when you got all your jobs learnt its the greatest.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

yer, once u master a job class the boost stats (agility from theif etc) get passed onto the bare class.. Dual wield, rapid fire and 2 strong swords or weapons do about 1,000 damage per hit for me and im level 43ish. thats 8 hits, 8,000 damage per hit. and it gets even better when u use spellblade with it, i was doing 4,000 per hit on omega with thundaga blade/rapid fire, 8 TIMES.