Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CONFIRMED: Chrono Trigger port for DS?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Yasunori Mitsuda On Chrono Trigger DS: 'Finally!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuda
    "I was in a slump because I couldn't compose anything, I was going to the hospital regularly for stomach ulcers while I worked, I had a hard-drive crash and lost nearly 40 in-progress tracks...great, I guess I'm only remembering the negative things! But when the entire staff gathered around to watch the ending, I wound up crying anyway (a lot of other staffers were just as deeply moved). I think all of us put a lot of our emotion into the game."
    Now that's passion. I wish more game designers would get ulcers and cry over their games.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I don't have much interest in this game. At the very least they should add some more animation frames to make things a bit smoother and up the resolution on...everything. This isn't the 16bit era anymore and they can do more than just a lazy port with a new dungeon and gimmicky features like multiplayer.

They didn't have to make it 3D but they could have done more still. I will not be picking this up unless some earth shattering news hits.

would just like to say

On display at the Los Angeles Convention Center at Concourse 401 from July 15 – 17, the following titles will have playable kiosks: CHRONO TRIGGER®, DRAGON QUEST®: The Chapters of the Chosen™, FINAL FANTASY® IV, INFINITE UNDISCOVERY and SONG SUMMONER: The Unsung Heroes. With five playable titles of the show floor, Square Enix offers a wealth of deep and engaging experiences for a variety of platforms.
    meaning anyone who lives in/near LA should go play and tell us about these fancy "new" things... like touch screen controls.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

News:
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3168737&p=39

Disappointing, I was expecting a new translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Killy View Post
    News:
    Chrono Trigger DS E3 Impressions

Disappointing, I was expecting a new translation.
    Why? The original North American release had a brilliant translation.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

For the time, yes, but it still had many mistakes/censorship which should be fixed. Besides, a lot of text was left out of the NA due to the size limitations of the SNES cartrige.

Besides if Square wants us to pay the full price for a SNES game, its the least they could do.

They did say that various minor changes have been made. Considering it's an impression based on the very beginning of the game, it's kind of hard to tell how many changes have been made to the overall script.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Umm *geekgasm*. Finally I'm getting what I deserved.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Quote Originally Posted by Killy View Post
    For the time, yes, but it still had many mistakes/censorship which should be fixed. Besides, a lot of text was left out of the NA due to the size limitations of the SNES cartrige.

Besides if Square wants us to pay the full price for a SNES game, its the least they could do.
    They said they were tweaking it some, so I figure the errors that were left in (which I didn't think there were "many" of), will get cleaned up.

Paying the price of a DS game to get a handheld version of my favorite game of all time is a bargain.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

I want Chrono Trigger for the PSP!

I still haven't noticed any word on a PAL release yet; by the looks of the recent chatter in this thread putting the game in a region it's not previously been could be about the only "new" thing they could do for the DS version.

But then I remember the SNES FFs being repackaged for the PSX and having no localisation for the rest of Europe. If memory serves, mainland European gamers still had to play in English!

From this, along with the mention of crudely recycling the SNES translation, we can deduce that it will only be released in Japanese and English, and therefore only Japan and the US.

Bastards.

(Now somebody will post a news article that's about a week old confirming that there will in fact be a PAL release)

RELEASE DATE SET: (for America)
    November 25th
    yay!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

As much as I love Chrono Trigger and Cross, it seems to me that this is just the same game I've played over and over again. It's a great game, but I already own it. What are they going to do different with it? After playing the FFIII and IV DS versions I was hoping they would remake it with something new to look at. I never bothered buying any of the Gameboy Advanced stuff for the mere fact that it's the same games we have for SNES, just with a couple minor changes. So what are they changing in this Chono Trigger?

Not much at all. A bonus dungeon and online play. The only reason I'm planning on getting it is because I don't own it. >_>

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    As much as I love Chrono Trigger and Cross, it seems to me that this is just the same game I've played over and over again. It's a great game, but I already own it. What are they going to do different with it? After playing the FFIII and IV DS versions I was hoping they would remake it with something new to look at. I never bothered buying any of the Gameboy Advanced stuff for the mere fact that it's the same games we have for SNES, just with a couple minor changes. So what are they changing in this Chono Trigger?

I used to say the same thing about the GBA ports but seriously the new translations and extra content have all been pretty bad ass. My only complaint with them was IV had nerfed difficulty (I don't remember Zeromus being that easy, even on the SNES WTF?!), V's extra classes appear so late in the game its difficult to appreciate them, and VI had the Celes' torture scene removed for no good reason. Other than that they are all fantastic games.

As for CT, it just doesn't seem to be offering anything new that's really worthwhile. So I only feel I would pick it up because I have a portable version of one of the best RPGs of all time.

Btw... I am curious to know what was lost from translation cause outside of a few funky translations, I've never heard of any major censorship for the title. Just curious to know.