Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS3 firmware update 2.40 is ready for download

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Xbox Guide isn't functional when you play Xbox 1 games either. Also: 2.40 Broke my Ps3 - PLAYSTATION®3 General - PlayStation.com Forums

Wow. I'm glad you guys' ones are working, but I'm not updating mine 'til I hear that this is fixed. The chances of it happenning seem to be higher than I'd like. I'm not particularly willing to have to reformat my drive and lose all my stuff (also too lazy to back 'em up, got better things to do) if it happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Anyone notice any lag in the XMB in-game? Just doesnt seem as smooth when your out of a game. Maybe they should have spent a bit more time programming it in. Nothing major so I can live with it.
    Oh, good, I thought I was the only one.

So, I'm playing PAIN and I'm collecting trophies, but it's not appearing on my trophy screen in my XMB or my gamercard. Do I need to collect a bunch of trophies in order to actually achieve one? If so, that's really stupid.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Xbox Guide isn't functional when you play Xbox 1 games either. Also: 2.40 Broke my Ps3 - PLAYSTATION®3 General - PlayStation.com Forums

Wow. I'm glad you guys' ones are working, but I'm not updating mine 'til I hear that this is fixed. The chances of it happenning seem to be higher than I'd like. I'm not particularly willing to have to reformat my drive and lose all my stuff (also too lazy to back 'em up, got better things to do) if it happens to me.
    So far it's 50 pages into it and this appears to be a real problem. Granted, the one actual video post I saw was from someone claiming to use a Japanese ps3, living in Japan, when the update is supposedly for N. America/Europe...

Kotaku has reported on the problem with a new update: Sony Pulls PS3 2.40 Firmware After Reported Problems

So this is getting really bad. I'm the first one to defend the PS3, I wouldn't buy any other console, but I won't deny that Sony has made some serious mistakes along the way neglecting the consumer, especially ones who have been loyal to the Playstation for over 10 years now.

I heard manually installing it is the best way to go, but I think i'm just going to wait until they re-release a safer 2.4

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man. Sony almost has me converted back to a Playstation fan, but geeze, they really need to step up their quality assurance... which is what everyone had been telling them since the PS1.

Hopefully by the time I get one they'll have this stuff sorted out :]]]

I think from now on I'm just going to wait a while before downloading any future updates. I thought this kind of thing only happened with Microsoft, but I guess not.

Phew, for once im not on the bad end of the stick. I already know two people who have had issues with their PS3's after the update. I hear all you need to do is replace the hard drive, but I dont see how that would help.

Considering this is such a significant update, which is poorly programmed anyway, im not surprised it screwed up alot of PS3's.

Apparently 2.41 is out now, and it's not screwing up any hard drives. Yet. :P

Yeahhh
    It's all fixed up :)
    It was going crazy before, though! Like a warrior, DIE PS3zzzz!!!
    Hyper-ness.
    Time to play ICO...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

2.41 ftw!

Doesn't 2.41 just change the Platinum trophy? I'm curious.

2.41 gives all of the features that 2.40 did, plus the trophy change, minus the hard drive nonsense.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Yep, got mine last night. All is well.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah all those bugs are fixed.