View Poll Results: Which of these Square Enix rpg's do you want ported to DS/PSP?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secret of Mana

4 13.79%
  • Super Mario Rpg

8 27.59%
  • Xenogears

7 24.14%
  • Vagrant Story

1 3.45%
  • Chrono Cross

5 17.24%
  • Not sure and/or Too close to call

4 13.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which of these Square Enix rpg's do you want ported to DS/PSP?

Default Which of these Square Enix rpg's do you want ported to DS/PSP?

Chrono Trigger was announced to be ported to the Nintendo DS today. Square Enix is working their way through their top Snes and PS 1 rpg's to be ported over to DS and PSP, although some will probably go to DS 2 and/or PSP 2 later.

Final Fantasy IV and Dragon Quest IV-VI are announced for Usa Nintendo DS ports. Final Fantasy V and VI are almost certainly going to be announced eventually for ports to Nintendo DS for Usa. Final Fantasy VII-IX and Dragon Warrior VII, I believe will almost certainly be announced eventually for ports to Nintendo DS 2(the successor to DS). As for the other top Square Enix rpg's that came out for Snes and PS 1, I wonder which ones Square Enix and fans are most interested in getting DS/PSP ports for.

Not including the main Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest numbered titles, here are the other likely nominees for possible ports to be announced in the next few years by Square Enix, from games released originally in Usa:
    Secret of Mana, Super Mario Rpg, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross.

Of those games I've only beaten the first two. I give Secret of Mana a 9/10 and Super Mario Rpg a 7/10. I'd likely give scores of at least 9/10 to the other three games though, which I haven't beaten yet. I can't choose which game I'd like ported over since I haven't beaten them all.

Which of those five games would you most like to see ported over to DS and/or PSP, or their successors, in the United States?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Screw the US. I want to see the Chrono games in the UK. And Xenogears.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moved to General Square Enix forum.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I want sekien densetsu 3!

Articles
    Blog Entries

all good choices, I'd go with either Xenogears, or Chrono Cross now that CT is being ported.

Chrono Cross on PSP is definitely doable, trust me. I've hacked it over to a PSP! And if you wanted to put that on a UMD, it would definitely fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul
    Final Fantasy V and VI are almost certainly going to be announced eventually for ports to Nintendo DS for Usa.

Source?
    Although it'd be nice to see these two 3Dified, their likelihood is less than that of III and IV.

I'd go with Mario RPG, only because I see it the most marketable on a DS.

I was going to say Mario RPG, but that's coming up on the Virtual Console so the chances of that happening are nill. Then I was going to say Xenogears, but they've got that possibly coming on the PSN, so nevermind at that too.

So I'm going with Chrono Cross.

I was told in my counterpart thread of this on the FF Shrine forums that Xenogears and Super Mario RPG have been released for Playstation Network and Virtual Console, so they probably won't be released for handhelds. This leaves us with waiting for announcements for Secret of Mana, Vagrant Story, and Chrono Cross.

Of those three I think Secret of Mana would be announced first. Since it came out 7 years before the other two and was a generation previous to them. I think it'd be on DS since Sword of Mana was on the Gameboy Advance, and Square Enix would be consistent with handheld manufacturers. For Vagrant Story, I would expect that to be announced afterwards, for a possible 2010 release, ten years after the original came out. I'd expect a PSP release, since FF Tactics was ported to the PSP. Chrono Cross I'd expect to be announced third, and probably for the DS 2(successor to DS), since Chrono Trigger went to DS, and Chrono Cross is a generation later, so probably will go to DS 2. I don't expect this to be released for 3-6 years or something though.

I like this topic, and I'll buy and play Chrono Trigger for the Nintendo DS, but I hope this time they include Radical Dreamers(and the other three Satellaview games)!
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Germ Hamee View Post
    I was going to say Mario RPG, but that's coming up on the Virtual Console so the chances of that happening are nill.
    I wouldn't say that necessarily. If Nintendo and Square can release a re-release with new features and charge the full price for a new game someday, I see no reason they wouldn't do that.

Anyway, I'm going to say none of them. With Xenogears coming to the Japanese PSN (and hopefully the North American PSN) there's no need for another release. Also, I still have my copy of Chrono Cross and it works just fine. And as someone who doesn't own a DS, I don't see any need to put new releases of Mario RPG or Secret of Mana on the DS when they'd be just fine on the GBA. As for Vagrant Story, I'm nor even sure it would fit on a DS cartridge, but even still, I'd rather see it released as a Playstation Classic on the PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I want to see the Chrono games in the UK. And Xenogears.
    Same.

Blog Entries

Super Mario RPG
    BTW, Geno's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    Super Mario RPG
    BTW, Geno's awesome
    Yes, he is.

That is probably my #2 most-played game (after Final Fantasy IV). It's from where I get my namesake!

How about a game that never made it over here... Like Seiken Densetsu 3. The best of the Mana games.

Of course, I will take a hand held Xenogears port with absolutely no lip whatsoever. Mmmmmm... Xenogears.

Seiken Densetsu 3 will probably get ported to DS eventually.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) AND Seiken Densetsu 3 for DS.

It's be really nice for SD3 to have an american release, a portable one no less.