Thread: Well that was sudden~

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Well that was sudden~

I've said before that I'm a fan of the Trauma Center series-- I have Under the Knife, Second Opnion, and New Blood, after all. Well, when my brother was watching X-Play on G4 today, I looked up while the newsfeed was scrolling across the screen, and it say that Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 was released on Tuesday! It wasn't even announced at all, so I was really surprised.

Topic: Has a game from a series you liked been suddenly released before?
    Topic 2: What games are you looking forward to this summer?

It was announced months ago. :P

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    It was announced months ago. :P
    Where, and why didn't you tell me about it? *smack*

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

We actually get Trauma Center 2 a whole month before Japan does.
    I don't think I've had any 'games I know about' sneak up on me, but I've had games I didn't particularly care about initially surprise me with how good they were once I played them. Boom Blox is the most recent example of that.

As for summer games:

Daigasso! Band Brothers DX is totally rocking me right now. I got it (imported) a few days ago. It's much easier for me to get giddy over the songs in here than in something like Guitar Hero, cuz I'm less of a rock-head and much more of a Japanophile. The game kind of requires you to be able to get online with your DS, since that's where all the (good) music comes from. It comes with just over 30 songs that are mostly 'classical' pieces, but the game launched with 200 downloadable songs from Nintendo. Since then, people have been uploading upwards of 30 user-created versions of real songs every day. Here's some stuff I've downloaded:

CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA - Naturally, DBZ's opening song.
    Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Power - DBZ's ending song
    Lupin the 3rd theme '78 - One of my favourite anime theme songs
    Hare Hare Yukai - Haruhi Suzumiya
    Bouken desho desho - Also Suzumiya
    Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze - I originally heard it on the awesome Densha Otoko TV show, but it was also used as the ending song to Ouendan 2
    Sousei no Aquarion - Yoko Kanno music, opening song to the anime Aquarion
    Dragon Quest 8 title theme - Self explanatory
    Melody - My favourite song from the first Ouendan
    Sora Iro Days - GURREN LAGANN
    Ride On Shooting Star - FLCL
    Yakusoku wa Iranai - More Yoko Kanno, this one from Escaflowne
    Eiyuu - Ultraman Nexus :P
    D-Tecnolife - Bleach's 2nd opening. Just downloaded that one this morning.

Anyway, that's one game I already have. I'd gladly make an entire topic about it if people cared enough :P

Coming up:
    -Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS, import): Another import music game, though I don't think it will be using pre-existing license music. A sequel to one of the GBA's best & last games. From the people who make Wario Ware, it has a similar style of gameplay.
    -Soul Calibur 4 (PS360): As much as it wants me to hate it, I will probably buy it twice.
    -Bangai-O Spirits (DS): Crazy Shooting, from Treasure. Been waiting for this one for a while.
    -Inazuma Eleven (DS, import): a Football (Soccer) RPG from Level 5.
    -Spore (PC)
    -Star Wars: Force Unleashed (PS3/360/Wii): Just one of those. Not particularly interested in the handheld versions.

There are a few more that I have my eye on (like Disgaea3...though I've hardly played 1 and 2) but as I was typing the list I was reminded that I'm supposed to be going to school and should save my money.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Daigasso! Band Brothers DX is totally rocking me right now. I got it (imported) a few days ago. It's much easier for me to get giddy over the songs in here than in something like Guitar Hero, cuz I'm less of a rock-head and much more of a Japanophile. The game kind of requires you to be able to get online with your DS, since that's where all the (good) music comes from. It comes with just over 30 songs that are mostly 'classical' pieces, but the game launched with 200 downloadable songs from Nintendo. Since then, people have been uploading upwards of 30 user-created versions of real songs every day. Here's some stuff I've downloaded:

Hare Hare Yukai - Haruhi Suzumiya
    Bouken desho desho - Also Suzumiya
    Sora Iro Days - GURREN LAGANN
    Ride On Shooting Star - FLCL

You have my attention.

What other songs are there?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Well, as I mentioned, a big part of the game's content is online, and a big part of *that* content looks to be user-generated and is constantly being updated. (The 4 songs you picked out, and in fact all the songs I listed are only available online.) Just today, July 3rd, there were 38 songs added by users (granted, some of theme were the same song but with different arrangements). I'm using this site, and more specifically this page (along with Google Translate when needed) to keep up with the new stuff as it seems to be updated quite speedily. It also allows me to see which songs are duplicates so I can weigh one against the other.

The first Band Bros. game is probably the primary reason I was in love with the DS in its early life. It was a Japanese launch game that was *supposed* to come out in English as 'Jam With The Band', but it never happened.

Edit: There were actually 52 songs added 'today', which has ended in Japan already. My list of 38 was from this morning :P