Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I increase my evasion in the NES version?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
    - How many hits does it take for your evasion level to go up (still haven't figured it out)
    Evasion drives me crazy, it's all so vague.
    I really don't think there's a set number of hits. I think it's random. Sometimes a hit makes your HP or evasion increase, and sometimes it doesn't. And when it does, sometimes it's by a little, and sometimes it's by a lot. This is the way I've noticed it, but I could be wrong.
    From what I understand you only have to be targeted by an enemy if you want it to raise. Usually my characters have to be targeted around 120 times or so. ( I always have 1 character in the front row and the others in the back row when I grind for evasion) Maybe it has something to do with the rank that the monsters have?
    The Tooth Fairy got Mike Tyson rich.

And also: Purunyuu~~

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
    - How many hits does it take for your evasion level to go up (still haven't figured it out)
    Evasion drives me crazy, it's all so vague.
    That's a good question. I'm playing the Origins version right now (On my PS2 because PS3's backward compatibility sucks and they don't even admit most of the issues exist, let alone fix them), and when someone's HP tends to become too much lower than everyone else's, I usually just smack them upside the head with a sword. Sometimes, one weak hit will make their HP go up by 20 and their evasion increase, but sometimes, I have to hit them three or four times with critical attacks just to make one of those stats increase by a little bit.

I really don't think there's a set number of hits. I think it's random. Sometimes a hit makes your HP or evasion increase, and sometimes it doesn't. And when it does, sometimes it's by a little, and sometimes it's by a lot. This is the way I've noticed it, but I could be wrong.
    If you hadn't taken me out of context, you would have realized it had nothing to do with being targeted by an enemy, as I can make someone's evasion go up by hitting them with my own party.

Sorry, my bad. Most walkthroughs (the ones I've read) never mentioned that.

Of course, I'm probably wrong.

The law of averages states that, if it's random, and I have Gus ax the hell out of Firion, taking a total of over 3000 HP in two battles, and Mariah hits herself just once with a bow, that Firion's HP and endurance would increase by much more than Mariah's. I don't know about Mariah's endurance, but her HP rose by almost 100 points in those two battles and Firion's HP and endurance didn't move an inch.

I'm guessing they have some kind of system where they can tell when you're cheating and punish you for it.

Tried your strategy today, still got nothing.

16-99% is the highest evasion and hit rate can go you ninny

for evasion the first number is the number of hits per attack you can apply your evasion rate (the second number) to your attackers hit rate, so 5-30% means you can reduce the hit% on the first 5 hits per each attack command you are on the receiving end of.

Quote Originally Posted by dream ending sword View Post
    16-99% is the highest evasion and hit rate can go you ninny
    I just figured that out 3 days ago but thanks anyway.