Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I increase my evasion in the NES version?

Default How do I increase my evasion in the NES version?

How do I increase my evasion in the NES version with just barehanded characters. As my setup is going to be:

Firion - Barehanded Black Mage
    Maria - Barehanded White Mage
    Guy - Armor-Wearing Sword-Weilder.

So how do I increase my evasion with barehanded characters?

You'll have to use a shield to raise evasion.

Or you could throw them into the back row (100% evasion) and use strictly magic.

I've never found bare-handedness ideal for this game, but at least II is flexible enough to allow you to pick what styles of weapons to use or none at all.

Can you get Sage's Wisdom, in the NES version?

Sorry for the questions.

no, if i'm not wrong.
    Last edited by Relapse; 07-05-2008 at 04:28 AM.
    warning: i am NOT funny.

Don't apologize for asking questions!

It's just so nice to see life on the II board.

Just looked it up, there is a "Sage's Wisdom"

It's called Elder'sIQ, but I can't tell if the faq uses the prototype NES translation or Demiforce's.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

neo demiforce's.

What does ElderIQ even do? I've never used it.

Maximizes intelligence, so basically your Black Magic spells (Flare etc) will be very strong. When I used it on the GBA version, it did lots of damage at LV8 with Leon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tamagon View Post
    Maximizes intelligence
    ...for one battle.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

well yeah, that's kinda implicit with the ff2 items xD

Now that we're talking about evasion, does anybody know how many hits it takes for the evasion-level of your characters to go up?
    By evasion-level I don't mean the evasion percentage but the first nummer. I'm trying to max out my characters stats (because it's vacation and I don't have anything better to do )
    The Tooth Fairy got Mike Tyson rich.

And also: Purunyuu~~

On the NES I think weapons increase by only one at a time so it'd be 100 hits but I could be mistaken.

Most armour decreases evasion; at the very start of the game you're actually best off with none at all!

Please excuse me for bumping this topic but I ran in some trouble and I don't want to make a whole thread about it. So, I'm still busy with maxing stats and all that (which is VERY time consuming, I barely have enough time to do it) and I was training Gordon's evasion (it's 16 - 99% now) but it won't go up anymore :whaaa: I thought removing all of his equipment (except his shields) would help but I didn't make any process. So, my questions are:
    - Does somebody know what is going on and what to do about it?
    - How many hits does it take for your evasion level to go up (still haven't figured it out)
    Evasion drives me crazy, it's all so vague.
    The Tooth Fairy got Mike Tyson rich.

And also: Purunyuu~~

Quote Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
    - How many hits does it take for your evasion level to go up (still haven't figured it out)
    Evasion drives me crazy, it's all so vague.
    That's a good question. I'm playing the Origins version right now (On my PS2 because PS3's backward compatibility sucks and they don't even admit most of the issues exist, let alone fix them), and when someone's HP tends to become too much lower than everyone else's, I usually just smack them upside the head with a sword. Sometimes, one weak hit will make their HP go up by 20 and their evasion increase, but sometimes, I have to hit them three or four times with critical attacks just to make one of those stats increase by a little bit.

I really don't think there's a set number of hits. I think it's random. Sometimes a hit makes your HP or evasion increase, and sometimes it doesn't. And when it does, sometimes it's by a little, and sometimes it's by a lot. This is the way I've noticed it, but I could be wrong.