Thread: I LOVE the 'All' rule!!!...XD

Pink Grin I LOVE the 'All' rule!!!...XD

Just couldn't contain myself. I haven't even left for the Timber mission yet and already Quistis has her best weapon (Save The Queen), and Selphie has her 2nd best (Crescent Wish), Squall has his 2nd best (Punishment), I have the items needed for Rinoa's 2nd best weapon (Cardinal), as well as the items for Irvine's 2nd best weapon (Bismarck)...not only that, gotta love the 100 Meltdowns junctioned to everybody's Vitality (from Gayla cards), 100 Thundagas each, 100 Blizzagas each, working on Firagas. Triple Triad is a thing of sheer beauty...:*)...
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

it's great isn't it? Getting twenty hours on the clock before you even go to the fire cavern 8)

what's really fun is when you print out a copy of all the cards and take them to school to try and teach people to play. .

...and I just got the 6 Malboro Tentacles, 6 Steel Pipes and 60 Remedies (to refine into 6 Remedy+) for when I get the Solomon Ring and VOILA! Doomtrain. No need to risk suicide by trying to encounter the Malboros around Esthar. Methink's I'll head to Timber now. All the tough stuff is taken care of...

[edit] AND...I've used nothing but the same 5 cards the entire time: Zell, Quistis (which I managed to get with the original 7 cards you're given, if you'll believe it), Diablos, Ifrit and Elnoyle. I have the MiniMog card, but Elnoyle is more usefull I find.

The games I've beaten...

If Triple Triad never existed in this game, I doubt I'd have the same enthusiasm for it as I do. :p

I prefer to play with the Diff rule rather than All though, as All eventually leads to Direct, which for me is one of the most annoying rules of the game. While Open and Diff are in use I'll usually spend a few hours in between the story events playing and collecting cards to refine, but I can never bring myself to refine character or GF cards to Mod some of the more powerful items, even though I know it's possible to win them back from the CC group or QoC later in the game. I usually just go for Tornados, Flares and Full-Lifes.

Another way I like to power through the game gaining some third level spells in the process, is to level Seifer and the first GFs to LV100 during the Dollet mission. It takes a few hours to accomplish and isn't as enjoyable as Triple Triad, but I love the setting and whole mood of Dollet, as well as having Seifer in the active party, so I never mind doing it.

Out of curiosity, how many hours have you reached on the clock..?

I'm at just under 15 hours I think...i actually loaded the pre-Timber savegame again, cuz I forgot you need 2 more Energy Crystals to refine into the Pulse Ammo you need for Squall's Lionheart. So now I'm looking for 20 more Elnoyle cards before I try going to Timber again...as for the Dollet mission, I just levelled up Seifer as much as it took to kill 80 monsters...you only need 75 for a perfect Attack score, but 80 got me another ability learned...my first 3 GF's are at Level 14 i believe...

The games I've beaten...

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    it's great isn't it? Getting twenty hours on the clock before you even go to the fire cavern 8)

what's really fun is when you print out a copy of all the cards and take them to school to try and teach people to play. .
    ..and you still have friends?

Articles
    Blog Entries

wow that's crazy.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

When 'random' kicks in I'd prefer not to have 'all'. I don't like playing with excess I can't get rid of
    ...Geddit?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

random + direct is a lifesaver sometimes.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Random is utterly horrid and I hate it. I don't have too much of a problem with All, but I'd be lying if I said it hadn't worked against me in the past.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

yea i've done that before and los the time the day the month and even the year. I'm still recovering it hurts to go outside cause im so pale and my eyes arent used to the light the sun gives out

TAHNX OWEN MACWERE FOR MY AWESOM SIG
    if you want a friend in me pm me
    Check it out
    or
    FH

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

I love the all rule as much as the reset button.