Thread: Computer Sleep Mode.

Default Computer Sleep Mode.

I currently am having a problem with my computer in a big way. Everytime I have more than two things open it goes into sleep miode by itself, I can't even just listen to music for 20 minutes before it falls into sleep mode.

Any advice on how to stop it from going to sleep?

Are you sure it's going into sleep mode? What exactly happens?

It'll just go balck and a box will show up saying entering sleep mode.=/

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

is it a laptop or a desktop? Is it getting too hot maybe? Is your laptop supposed to go to sleep at a certain time? If it's a laptop, there's probably an icon related to sleep/power management down in the taskbar.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

My instinct says that it's overheating. Is the computer well ventilated? If it's not a laptop, you could try taking the case off (and pointing a desk fan into the machine if you like), to see if that makes a difference.

Desktop, it's actually cold. Like no heat comes from the tower, even from touching it. I leave it off every night, so it's off for a good twelve hours and than I go on and it goes back down.

A component could still be overheating (like your CPU or GPU), and not make the actual tower hot. Also, maybe there isn't enough power going to your components, what kind of power supply do you have?

No clue? I'm not very tech savy. How do I check?

I think, depending on what graphics card you have, there's software that can monitor the temperature of it, and I think there's programs to monitor other components (is it CPU-z or something?). Someone else will have to answer that.

In order to check what wattage your PSU is, you'd have to open up your case and have a look at it, it should say. I'm not really sure how you'd check the voltage otherwise. There might even be software that does it.