Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisdom Tooth

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There's no sign of wisdom teeth in my mouth, only regular dumb teeth. Which I'm fine with.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    There used to be four. Now there are none. There was an epic story of a phobia of needles, chipmunk cheeks and a bottle of Vicodin I refused to touch (or sell to my friend) about the removal.

They never bothered me before they were taken out though, and that was only a two week ordeal.
    I was about to say that about word for word. I was fine before I had them removed, then because of a bad reaction to Vicodin, I was pretty much stuck in bed for almost a month. >_<

My wisdom teeth were removed a few years ago. The dentist stabbed my gums with four six inch long needles that completely numbed my entire mouth for two days before starting the removal procedure. Halfway through the operation, I fell asleep. When I woke up, he told me that I was very close to keeping all of them because they weren't that bad.

Then I had to walk 3 miles back home, completely delirious. Someone said hello to me and I completely ignored them. But since this was Boot Camp, I was supposed to greet and salute everyone of a higher rank that passed me. The guy ran across the street and started yelling at me, then he realized just how high and out of it I was and said "Carry on." and felt like an idiot.

The next day, I got to sleep in because I was still so very high. When my commander was giving everyone a lesson, I woke up and peeked out of my bed. He looked at me, I grinned super wide, and he gave me a terrible look that I am sure would've made kittens explode. I went back to sleep.

I have three wisdom teeth, but none of them needs to be removed.. I think? They don't hurt at all, and they've grown really well and straight.

Neat stuff if you ask me.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Had surgery to get them removed before they came out because they were obstructing the work my orthodontist wanted to do with the braces.
    Somewhat similar, but I had one of my upper rear molars pulled to help move my teeth and the wisdom tooth replaced it. I had my two lower wisdom teeth removed as well around the same time, when I was 15. The other wisdom tooth up top decided to start growing in about a year and a half ago and it was removed.
    Figaro Castle

I've got a few wisdom teeth but only one needs to be removed, 'cause I broke it...
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    3 years ago, I had my bottom two wisdom teeth pulled out. Getting it pulled wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. The worst part of it are the sounds as they're pulling the teeth out. You can't feel any of it but the CRUNCH CRUNCH of the pulling is disgusting and freaked me out.
    I felt the same way. The only part I really disliked was the injections. Now I'm no Rye, I can take injections reasonably well, but being stabbed in the roof of the mouth is probably the most painful thing I have ever felt. And I've got medicine resistance or something, I needed twice as much as most adults do, and I was like 14. Once numbed, however, the teeth themselves weren't bad. The pulling was a lot less finessed than might be expected Oh, my anaesthetic let me still feel what was going on, just without pain. That was cool and disgusting, because not only did I hear it, I felt the tooth being ripped from my mouth.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm so going to be passed out when they do this.

That's possible, right?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Yes. I fell asleep during my surgery, so passing out can happen.

I never had wisdom teeth. And hearing all of this I am very glad of that.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post

I'm so going to be passed out when they do this.

That's possible, right?
    They make you go sleepy

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's what I thought, but then people were like "I was awake and hearing my tooth get taken out lalala" and I'm like ...D; D; D; D; ... D:

I've gotten shots in my mouth before though, when they filled cavaties, and it wasn't too bad... o_o I think they put numbing gel on first, though. But not on the roof of my mouth. ... Oh god, I'm freaking myself out now. xD And I won't even get this done for two months EARLIEST. I don't even know if I have any other wisdom teeth besides the one that grew out.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have both upper wisdom teeth already, courtesy of the shattered jaw when I was 16 they had lots of room to push the others forwards and thus there was very little pain. At the moment my back left wisdom tooth is cutting, it's severely impacted as well due to lack of space which is bad, I could require invasive surgery to remove it since I doubt it will grow out enough for the dentist to pull it free. I'd like it gone now asap since early on this week it caused me tons of pain and I indeed worked on 4 grams of pain killers one day because it hurt. I have found however that Listerine total care, antibacterial mouth wash sends my mouth including the tooth numb thus stopping any pain for a good long period of time.

I think I mentioned my tooth on msn to you Rye, I don't know either way if I have the lonely hearts club with Agrias I can have the "Wisdom teeth hurt and suck!" group with you.

Blog Entries

Had my wisdom teeth removed last year. They were hurting for a couple months before I had them removed. Had all four taken out at once via oral surgery. Thoroughly enjoyed the Vicoden they gave me before the surgery, and the Percocet they gave me afterwards. I looked like a chipmunk for a couple days but was fine in a week...