dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Apartments/Flats

Inspired by BoB's lovely new couch:

I love apartments. I don't know why, but I'd much prefer to live in an apartment from the rest of my life than a house, as long as the apartment is nice. If I ever become rich by any stretch of the imagination, I will reside forever in an apartment on the upper-east side of Manhattan. However, as that's unlikely to happen, I'll probably eventually buy a house, because nice apartments get very expensive in the long run.

BoB's new couch reminded me how much I want an apartment. After my first year of college, I'd really like to try to rent a small cheap one in Rhode Island. Depending on where you get one, they can be pretty cheap. Something to think on for the future. I just love apartments.

Do you live in an apartment?
    Is it nice?
    How much do you pay a month?
    Do you enjoy it?

Blog Entries

It's a flat goddamit

there was a picture here

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I live in a second floor walkup on the one way street from hell. Our bedroom walls are paper thin, so the neighbors have probably heard us having sex numerous times since we can hear them fighting at 2 AM and singing select tracks from <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Goin-South-Various-Artists/dp/B000050XUQ>Goin' South</a>. The place is pretty nice, however. Nice sized rooms, huge freakin' attic, came with kitchen furnishings. My only complaint is the lack of bathtub, instead we have a college dorm shower. Our rent is absurdly cheap, we don't have to pay for water/electric/sewer/garbage at all, just our TV/Internet/Phone. It's got it's ups and downs here, but I've seen much worse apartment wise.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

why not rent a house or buy an apartment!

Banned

I can't wait to move out into a house.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My apartment sucks. It looks nice, but the people who run it probably have about a third grade education. Just plain morons. I guess that's what you get for only $1090 a month though.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I pay half of that, wow.

Banned

We pay $700 a month including utilities. We only pay for phone/internet/tv.

I wish it were cheaper. ;_; It's in such a skullskullskullskullty little town too.

Blog Entries

I used to live in a flat/appartment when at uni. Then I mocved into a house. I have to say, living in a flat/apartment was so much easier.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's insanely cheap for Brooklyn! Good job on that. I didn't know you lived in NY. =O

You had to bring it up. ;-;

I'm currently living in an apartment by myself. I hate living by myself.

It's all right, I guess. It's a block from campus, with large bathrooms.

I pay $360/month, with water, cable, and internet included in all rooms. I have two roommates to pay the same amount, though, so I guess you could say that it's like $1080 a month plus electricity.

I do not enjoy it, because I am living by myself and I hate living by myself.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel ya, Rye.

If I was super rich, I'd totally be living in one of Los Angeles' delux apartments overlooking the 3rd Street Promenade and have it completely decked out in comfortable chic furniture.

But I'm not super rich, so throughout college I've lived in some damn ghetto apartments. My first apartment Sophomore year I shared with 3 other girls and we furnished it with random stuff we got for free from Craigslist. It was a TINY place, but still like $1400 a month. Next I moved into another apartment that had a horrible roach problem, and some really nasty THING lurking under the kitchen sink. It was pretty bad.

Then I moved into an apartment in a building complex that my dad owns, so I got to stay there for free. The building is over 100 years old, but strangely enough, it was in the best condition out of all the apartments I've lived in. It was actually pretty great. And I had this bathroom with a genuine cast iron tub. It's lovely.

I'm moving up to San Francisco next year (which I like to think of as the cleaner, friendlier and better weather version of New York) and it would be so awesome to have like a penthouse in the City. But again, not rich! Boo! San Francisco's housing prices are actually higher than Manhattan. So that should give you some idea of how impossible it would be to have a fancy Sex and the City type apartment in SF. But a girl can dream....

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

San Francisco does seem pretty friendly and pleasant, whenever I picture it I think of Danny Tanner's smiling face and the opening credits of Full House, so it gives me happy feelings. I would like living there too!

It's probably more expensive than Manhattan over all because it seems (I have no clue) like it's all an overall pretty nice area, while some parts of Manhattan are insanely ritzy and nice (Upper East Side right by Central Park, where my singing teacher's singing coach lives~ <3), but then some parts can be pretty ghetto.

I had a studio apartment which was essentially the same as a hotel room with a kitchen area, an area for a bed or a sofa (I had a twin bed and then a sofa) and then the kitchen and a bathroom. It was pretty tiny.

It was 590$ for rent.
    And about 60$ Max for electricity. Heat and Water paid for.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I live in a second floor walkup on the one way street from hell. Our bedroom walls are paper thin, so the neighbors have probably heard us having sex numerous times since we can hear them fighting at 2 AM and singing select tracks from <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Goin-South-Various-Artists/dp/B000050XUQ>Goin' South</a>. The place is pretty nice, however. Nice sized rooms, huge freakin' attic, came with kitchen furnishings. My only complaint is the lack of bathtub, instead we have a college dorm shower. Our rent is absurdly cheap, we don't have to pay for water/electric/sewer/garbage at all, just our TV/Internet/Phone. It's got it's ups and downs here, but I've seen much worse apartment wise.
    We have a gangster midget that walks the streets here, too. True story 8-)