Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email Addresses ^.^

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle Email Addresses ^.^

I keep changing my email addresses. I just want one that I can use for everything. I used to hate those boring emails that are just like, your name, but I've realized that I do need a "professional" email. It's not like I can email future employers/school administration, etc. with an email like monkeigirlie@hotmail.com (not my email, never was xD Just MSN name) or something, right?

So a few months ago I registered an email with gmail that included the first initial of my first name, my last name, and my year of birth. But now I'm like, "Gah, maybe the year of birth thing was a bad idea" because well, what if there's situations where I don't want people to know my year of birth? So now I'm considering changing my email... AGAIN... because it's better to do it now than in 20 years, right? People are going to get annoyed at me. I change my emails as often as I change LJs!

Anyway ^_^ What type of email address is a good one, in your opinion? Is it dumb to include your birthdate in your email? What email service provider do you use?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gmail has the advantage of not having a "little kid" reputation and still being free. Do you ever use the webmaster/missress@neskaya.net? You probably wouldn't for something whoaprofessional, but it might be good for semi-professional. Your own domain always adds that extra something.

I registered redacted@gmail.com a couple of days ago out of fun, and I think it was probably a good idea.

You could also use your ISP e-mail if you want someone to have very little idea about who you are. (so long as the username is not hottieazn4098)

A Most Loved Mans e-mail addresses are:

lean_mean_love_making_machine@gmail.com

love_monster@gmail.com

bringer_of_pleasure_2_women@gmail.com

best_man_in_the_world@yahoo.com

A Most Loved Man uses any of these 4 e-mails when contacting employers or for professional reasons. He always gets a response of the positive kind

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's funny, because gmail doesn't allow underscores

Yeah, I've considered using my domain for professional purposes, but seeing as how it's not a professional domain and if they ever went there they'd be like "Whoa pink girly 3 year old" I didn't think that was a good idea. xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    That's funny, because gmail doesn't allow underscores
    Yah, they do

Or did maybe. A Most Loved Man registered his e-mail addresses back in 2006.

Dunno if they changed the rules now

I have a ton of email addresses. xP I've only ever changed my main email address once, from Hotmail to Gmail. However, I've set up about a zillion other ones for various reasons. xP I have my resume email address that automatically forwards everything to my main address. I also have a few dummy accounts for signing up for things I don't trust. :P That way I can just close the account if I start getting bombarded with spam.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Did gmail even exist in 2006? I don't remember. It's fairly new isn't it?

EDIT: It was released to the public in February 2007.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm fairly sure it's older, only with a stricter invite system before. I remember when everyone was like OMG GMAIL 1 GB I WANT INVITE =n.n= back in like... 2005 or something.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I definitely have had my gmail for a long time now. 6/21/04 is the date of my welcome to gmail e-mail.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Yeah I definitely have had my gmail for a long time now. 6/21/04 is the date of my welcome to gmail e-mail.
    "Gmail, officially Google Mail in Germany and the United Kingdom, is a free Web-based email (webmail), POP3[1] and IMAP[2] e-mail service provided by Google. On April 1, 2004 the product began as an invitation-only beta release. On February 7, 2007 the beta version was opened to the general public.[3] With an initial storage capacity of 1 GB, it drastically increased the standard for free storage.[4]" ~ Wikipedia

So unless he got an invite, it would be all the more impossible.

Blog Entries

I've had a gmail account since before 2007. I'm pretty sure they also had an open invite for a while when it first started. Hence people having invites to give out.

I have one email account as my name for profesional purposes and one for whatever.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    I've had a gmail account since before 2007. I'm pretty sure they also had an open invite for a while when it first started. Hence people having invites to give out.

I have one email account as my name for profesional purposes and one for whatever.
    No one invited me. I guess that's why I never started using it until last year.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

A school email is always going to look fairly official, especially if you play it safe and use your name or your first initial and your last name. I'd avoid numbers if you're trying to do anything professional with it.

I mainly use azar42@gmail.com, but I also have a University of Georgia email for school purposes and a couple other ones I don't use much.

How about joytheazn@gmail.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    No one invited me. I guess that's why I never started using it until last year.
    Back in the day, you had to hunt down Gmail invites!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gmail is my favorite, though I also enjoy my college email address. I'm trying to get people to email me through that more.

I also like the email system I have at work, through Microsoft Outlook.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used my school email up until now, but now that I graduated the email is expiring in another month or so.

I'm getting a new school email when I go to law school, but that'll expire in 3 years too. D: I'm so sick of my emails expiring. I'll probably just end up using the school one anyway though. xD

Also, it's not good to lie. joymonkey69@gmail.com? >:[

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr