Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite ABP sweetspots, early and late.

Default Your favorite ABP sweetspots, early and late.

I'm an overlevelling turd when I play FF so in FFV I like to get the most OP abilities I can as fast as I can. Call it a sickness. For me my favorite ABP harvests were in:
    Very very early in the game: A strip of land directly southeast (you have to sail to it) of the Wind Shrine. The Bandersnatch's there (can't remember how many to a group) drop 3 ABP total, which is very high for this point in the game and they aren't difficult to kill at all.
    A little further in: The Chimeras in the desert are nice, and with two-handed most die in one or two hits, library of ancients is right there for a free fix even if someone dies.
    In world 2: Of course, the Objet d'Arts in the basement of Bal Castle. This just can't be beat; you can Iainakui them, but I had my guys each set up with Summon and after 3 Ramuh's they were almost always dead. I mastered about 8 or 9 jobs this way, pretty much had me set for the game.
    Combined World: Haven't found a really great one yet, though everything tends to give a lot of ABP. Still scouting for good locales and easy kills (Requiem on Undead, that sort of thing.)

What about you guys?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the jachole cave in the first world. Take a black mage and a bunch of ninja techs/scrolls and they're a piece of cake, if a bit unpredictable. (5 ap apiece plus a bunch of gil).

however, in the third world, you can just go there and to Val castle both xD They're actually the same area xD

That's true, and yeah I had forgotten all about the skulleaters that half the time run away anyway. Burned through a lot of Lightning Scrolls like that.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

L'Oject Du Art, L5 Death, Bam.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I like the jachole cave in the first world. Take a black mage and a bunch of ninja techs/scrolls and they're a piece of cake, if a bit unpredictable. (5 ap apiece plus a bunch of gil).
    Yeah, that's always been the place I've gone to in both the first and third worlds. Nowhere really springs to mind for the second; at least not one that I've used a lot anyway.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    L'Oject Du Art, L5 Death, Bam.
    Haha my big problem here is I'd really like to get L5 Death but I can't find where it is in world three. I'm at the end of the game, literally all I have left to do is go into the vortex thingy-mabob and fight NeoCrapface. I did check a Blue Magic guide but it only says -which- monsters I can get it from, not where I can find them, haha and I don't exactly have a picture perfect memory when it comes to where Monsters are. =)

I've always used Prototype while in World 1. Not only is it worth 5OOEXP and 4ABP, but it sometimes drops Dark Matters too. L'Oject Du Art in the basement of Castle Bal in World 2 and Movers in The Void in World 3 are my other ABP sweetspots.

I mastered all the jobs i needed including red mage super quickly in the area where the last save point is (it becomes a save point after you defeat necrophobe)... Monsters there do not give any EXP but give skullskullskullskull loads of ABP, the lowest being 29 per battle im preety sure... and these battles arnt hard at all when u annihalate them with rapid fire, two handed, finisher etc...

But the best monster i've ever come across is in the same area, they're called Movers, they come in packs of three in a triangle and give you 150,000GIL and 199ABP. no joke.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I always enjoyed fighting on the plains around Easterly. The battles net 3 ABP and one Lightning Skill from a Ninja kills everything instantly. Battle loads, Ninja throws Lightning Skill, enemies die, battle over, rinse and repeat. Nice and quick since the Ninja always goes first.
    Figaro Castle

I always liked leveling jobs in Jachol Cave. I remembering mastering a bunch of jobs there by fighting skull eaters

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

People say that Les Objets d'Art are good but I disagree. They just don't give enough, unless you're only in world two.

I prefer the desert near the Phoenix Tower.
    Magic pots in the Phoenix Tower give 100 AP too.

Plus the Movers in the Void give 199 AP.

Blog Entries

Default from what I recall of playing the game....

movers
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Sail around the lake on Cresent Island in the combined world. The flying things give 11ABP a piece.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Movers in the last dungeon. I love them.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    People say that Les Objets d'Art are good but I disagree. They just don't give enough, unless you're only in world two.

I prefer the desert near the Phoenix Tower.
    Magic pots in the Phoenix Tower give 100 AP too.

Plus the Movers in the Void give 199 AP.
    world two is when it does you the most good to learn a lot of abilities! That way you have them for all the rest of the game. Plus you're guaranteed to run into them every battle and they're very systematic to kill.